• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gbrf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi,
Im new to this forum, and was wondering if anyone out there could point me in the right direction.........For applying for a Job with GBRF as a ATM.?
I spent the day with a chap from there Tyne Dock base ( I bid and won a cabride on e-bay ) any how I was most impressed with their work ethic, and with their ethos ie keep the customer happy we keep the contract and therefore we keep our job's. Also at the risk of sounding cheesey I found that everyone I spoke to during my day out was... 1/ Commited, 2/ very satified with there job,3/ no-one run there management team down. Which I think speaks volumes about this very pro-activly progressive company. And id very much like to become a part of there team. And id obviously be prepared to relocate as well.

All the very best to you all regard's Sean

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

es373

Best thing you could do would be to tailor your CV to the specific skills that you would think an ATM would GBRF would need. So make a heavy emphasis on lone working and working to tight schedules, adhering to health and safety rules at all times, following instructions, reporting back to a manager at the end of shift etc.
Then type up a covering letter and send it off to them in letter form and via email.

While its in the post it may be an idea to give them a call?

Shame you didn't get the guys number though, could have been useful as for getting 'inside information' about vacancies or even he may have been able to get you the job.

Their contact number is 0207 904 3393

GB

Established Member
es373 is right, get a good CV and covering letter in and take it form there.

Just for your information though, the nearest depot to Basildon (assuming that is where you are) is Ferme Park though I don't think there are any vacancies there at the minute. The next one I'd go for is Felixstowe as its busy and the work is very stable and I believe they maybe hiring in the near future.

I dont know alot about our nothern operations but Redcar is set for a big recruitment drive and the likes of Selby, Doncaster and Immingham are always pretty busy.

It is a good job, but the shift pattens are a mess and you only get paid standard rate for overtime which itself is only paid at the end of the year.

callum112233

I hope you don't mind me chipping in, but what kind of things would you write in a covering letter to send to a train company?

es373

Do a simple google search for covering letter template.

Some things are best done on your own :)

Hi Guy's,

Thanks very much for the infomation that both of you have supplied. The situation so far is I've down loaded an application form for GBRF and at the moment im practicing a covering letter for them, it's difficult to know just what to write i.e. to much info or to little. As it needs to get positive points home without labouring them. I'm also in the process of getting a booklet on the Bouden tests that prospective Train Driver's have to pass (although if anyone out there know's of any other sample tests that are avalible please let me know). Once again thanks for all the help so far, have a good weekend chap's and an equaily good week.

Please keep in touch Regard's Sean aka 56101

es373

Hiya.

What ever you do.. don't buy any of the books that are out.. you want to go in to the interviews/assessments with a clean head and not knowing what to expect.
last thing you want to do is panic because what you see in front of you on the test paper isnt what you were taught on the books that are about on the net.

Hi,

Thanks for the head's up re the book thing...................it's something that I will defanatly take on board.
Only as I dont know anyone within the Rail Industryto ask such questions to, I dont have any other way of knowing what to expect at the interveiw stage bearing in mind I might not even make it that far !!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Regard's Sean

GB

Established Member
There is no assessment with GBRf for the ATM role so no need to worry about that part.

The interview is pretty standard, ie what do you know about the company, what would you do xxxx, etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.