• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GC and XC HST's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lampshade

Established Member
Doubt it, if anything it's GC's HSTs that are more likely to be moving anywhere - and that's unlikely in itself.

GNERman

Established Member
Doubt it, if anything it's GC's HSTs that are more likely to be moving anywhere - and that's unlikely in itself.

Ha, unlikely, I certainly haven't heard anything about it... And for the record, it's the 180's that you should worry about...

sonic2009

Established Member
I personally think whoever told you this.. Has told you a porky pie :P

XC hst's wont be moving to GC, wifi and computer seat reservations are being put in soon.

CC 72100

Established Member
I personally think whoever told you this.. Has told you a porky pie :P

XC hst's wont be moving to GC, wifi and computer seat reservations are being put in soon.

If memory serves me righty, the electronic seat reservations and dot matrix boards half way down the carriage were in use for the first time on the set I was on a few weeks back. Paper reservations used as well mind ::roll:

sonic2009

Established Member
If memory serves me righty, the electronic seat reservations and dot matrix boards half way down the carriage were in use for the first time on the set I was on a few weeks back. Paper reservations used as well mind ::roll:

I've not seen that. Although i did hear the XC are working with the same people who operate Virgin's wifi i believe its T-Mobile. Who are helping XC install wifi to their fleet.

fgwrich

Established Member

Nice, ive had a mixture of Paper Seat Reservation tickets, dead dot matrix reservations and a rather useless dot matrix boards on the set i was on two weekends ago...Not very helpfully, the dot matrix display worked in a few of the coaches, and only displayed 'We Are Now Approaching Leeds, Our Final Destination, Change here for Bradford, Harrogate & Huddersfield'...Which would be fine if i was heading northwards, but this was upon leaving Exeter St Davids bound for Newton Abbot (Termination)...So, not off to a good start - how long has it taken to fit these things?

CC 72100

Established Member
Not very helpfully, the dot matrix display worked in a few of the coaches, and only displayed 'We Are Now Approaching Leeds, Our Final Destination, Change here for Bradford, Harrogate & Huddersfield'...Which would be fine if i was heading northwards, but this was upon leaving Exeter St Davids bound for Newton Abbot (Termination)...So, not off to a good start - how long has it taken to fit these things?

I should have added, the set I was on, the board wasn't working properly either, completely forgetting Totnes! I don't know how long they've been in (certainly since last November but probably before that), but this was the first time I'd seen them active

aylesbury

How come AXC are stil in charge of the franchise ,they are so late complying with all the requirements also every unit I see looks disgustingly filthy.GC always looks clean and modern.

David

Established Member
How come AXC are stil in charge of the franchise ,they are so late complying with all the requirements

I presume you mean franchise commitments? If so, the only 1 they are in breach off AFAIK is wifi provision.Wifi is (very) slowlybeing fitted to all their trains the last I heard.

YorkshireBear

Established Member
I presume you mean franchise commitments? If so, the only 1 they are in breach off AFAIK is wifi provision.Wifi is (very) slowlybeing fitted to all their trains the last I heard.

Added to that, its not like there getting away with it they are being fined. And to me its not something that is neccesary, its not like there reducing service levels and selling trains...

Status
Not open for further replies.