• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GC Power cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apparently 2 GC powercars have been at crewe this week anyone know why, i believe the consist was numbered 1Z54/45? but don't quote me on that. cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David10

Been a fairly regular occurrence for a while, since Arriva bought GC and transferred heavy maintenance to its LNWR subsidiary. 43465/480 returned to Heaton TMD via Stoke and Derby as 5Z43 on Friday.

317 forever

Established Member
I am hoping to ride a 125 on Grand Central on Sunday 29th July, either from Sunderland to Northallerton or vice-versa. I currently reckon on riding the 1206 from Northallerton to Sunderland. Is this diagram usually a 125 as far as you know? I would prefer to ride a 125 here as I can do a 180 in West Yorkshire.

I normally get the 0959 from eaglescliffe on a sunday which is 99% of the time a HST. last time i got the later one it was a 180. but i suppose it's whats diagrammed in for the day. i'm sure some of the GC guys on here would be more best suited to confirm or deny. If i remember rightly the one you are after when the 0959 passes it is normally a HST.

Last edited:

317 forever

Established Member
Many thanks MCR! As the 0948 from King's Cross, arriving Northallerton 1206 and Sunderland 1321, is operated by HST-2, I should be safe! I shall travel down from Newcastle to Northallerton on the EC 1028, as this will make a change from TPE andXC, which I can ride in Manchester, and have done in the last 7 weeks anyway. I am encouraged that day returns from Newcastle to Northallerton are valid via Sunderland.

Status
Not open for further replies.