• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GC's Bradford "4th Path"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

D1009

Established Member
I haven't travelled on the Newark stopper, however the GC services I've seen have been nicely loaded - especially their first up and last down.

I travelled on their first up Bradford yesterday (Sunday) morning, and the only coach with any room in Standard class was the unreserved one. I believe this is due to their advance fares strategy which starts at £12 single from anywhere. It can't be making that much money though.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crossforth

Established Member
It will be good to see Garforth served by GC. Easier for me to get to London if it does kick off

tbtc

Veteran Member
It will be good to see Garforth served by GC. Easier for me to get to London if it does kick off

Easier to get *from* London, but if this is just one northbound train a day that we are talking about then it won't make any difference to Garforth > London travel

chrisdmadd

This was submitted to Network Rail two weeks ago; full details are here.

(I notice that the documentation makes reference to a fifth Sunderland service as well, which there doesn't seem to be an application for.)

GC have also applied for ECS paths to and from Crewe for maintenance, out of interest.

Where ate the ECS paths to crewe mentioned?

34D

Established Member
Easier to get *from* London, but if this is just one northbound train a day that we are talking about then it won't make any difference to Garforth > London travel

Presumably the proposed morning Halifax-Leeds will go Leeds garforth hambleton doncaster, instead of reversing at Leeds and going through Outwood?

Eagle

Established Member

Eh? Trains in both directions would be scheduled to stop at Garforth. If you'd actually looked at the proposal timetables I posted earlier you'd see that :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.