• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Postcodes. First area - I think - was Naarrwich.

First 6 digit postcode.

Yes, both answers are correct, but I think that Warwick's is the more correct, if you see what I mean! The "On This Day" entry reads: "1959 Postcodes were introduced into Britain by the Postmaster General together with new postal sorting machines."

So Warwick, the Post Office is yours!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Warwick

I'm not very good at setting questions so I'l just put a simple one in to get it out of the way so that someone can ask a better one.

Gutav Holst wrote "The Planets Suite". He included all of the planets and represented them with music which he thought appropriate. Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus,Neptune. Why didn't he include Pluto?

A Challenge

Established Member
Thank you. One from me as I don't think I've set one in a while - on what date did the former county of Middlesex get dissolved?