• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Calthrop

Established Member
No. Attempt at further hint: the author concerned fought in World War I, and subsequently wrote a much-read and highly-acclaimed memoir of that time in his life.

Calthrop

Established Member
Whimsical philatelic-shenanigans novel: Antigua Penny Puce (referring to a fictional extremely-rare stamp). martinsh, you got the author -- your floor.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Let's try Harold Pinter.

You need a penchant for soft toilet paper

I don't know whether these two posts are connected, but I'm assuming that my guess is incorrect!

If I'm allowed a third go, I'll opt for Noel Coward, of whose revival Mr W Pedia says: "It began with a hit 1963 revival of Private Lives in London and then New York. Invited to direct Hay Fever with Edith Evans at the National Theatre, he wrote in 1964, "I am thrilled and flattered and frankly a little flabbergasted that the National Theatre should have had the curious perceptiveness to choose a very early play of mine and to give it a cast that could play the Albanian telephone Directory." "

theageofthetra

On Moderation
I don't know whether these two posts are connected, but I'm assuming that my guess is incorrect!

If I'm allowed a third go, I'll opt for Noel Coward, of whose revival Mr W Pedia says: "It began with a hit 1963 revival of Private Lives in London and then New York. Invited to direct Hay Fever with Edith Evans at the National Theatre, he wrote in 1964, "I am thrilled and flattered and frankly a little flabbergasted that the National Theatre should have had the curious perceptiveness to choose a very early play of mine and to give it a cast that could play the Albanian telephone Directory." "
Correct it was Noel Coward. Your floor

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Thank you.

Where, according to the papers today, has Banksy created a new graffiti display? (Clue: It's not Bristol!)

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
He certainly has ... very quick and very well done!

There's apparently a tweet somewhere alleging that "He's just doubled the value of Port Talbot" .... although I couldn't possibly comment!

Your modern day artist, sir.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I hesitate to say it, but it wasn’t something like I spy different races and creeds was it?