• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Trackman

Established Member
That's what I was looking for, although the other one fits the bill too. Either way, the floor's yours. Just watch out for the Skutters ;)

and Kryten's mop...

Oh and Patrick Stewart was going to ring his lawyers about a scene in Red Dwarf - but I think this was just a joke

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
I don't think that this will take long ….
1. What is made of gold-plated bronze on a black metal base, is 13.5 inches tall, weighs 8.5 lbs, and depicts a knight rendered in Art Deco style holding a crusader's sword standing on a reel of film with five spokes?
2. Once you get question one, what do the five spokes represent?

Trackman

Established Member
It's presumably a film award trophy (BAFTA?), but I'd have no clue with the spokes.

I think it's an Oscar because of the sword.
spokes: best film / director categories?
without googling the image I could be wrong- I dont think it stands on anything apart from the base

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
It's presumably a film award trophy (BAFTA?), but I'd have no clue with the spokes.

I think it's an Oscar because of the sword.
spokes: best film / director categories?
without googling the image I could be wrong- I dont think it stands on anything apart from the base

Sorry, folks, I'd forgotten that I asked this!

As Trackman says, it's an Oscar. The five spokes represent the original branches of the Academy: Actors, Writers, Directors, Producers, and Technicians. His categories are incorrect, but as he did correctly name the trophy, I'll award him the Director's Chair.

Trackman

Established Member
Sorry, folks, I'd forgotten that I asked this!

As Trackman says, it's an Oscar. The five spokes represent the original branches of the Academy: Actors, Writers, Directors, Producers, and Technicians. His categories are incorrect, but as he did correctly name the trophy, I'll award him the Director's Chair.

thanks! The canvas chair is comfy :)

I'll open the floor...

krus_aragon

Established Member
Here's one to keep things going:

Sega is well known for it's Sonic the Hedgehog games. But what was the first game to have "Sega" on the box?

krus_aragon

Established Member
Diamond 3 Star (slot machine)
Correct.

The company Service Games* started using the name Sega in the 1950s, when they were making slot machines. Computer games were still a long way off...
*that's Service as in military service: they made slot machines for military bases

Your floor.

Modron

Thank you :)

We all know that our fingerprints are unique, but which other part of our body also has an unique print?

A Challenge

Established Member
I don't know, but I'm pretty certain it is somewhere in the Andes, as although Everest is taller there aren't many villages that high up (I may be wrong there though)

Modron

Correct, it has never rained there.

Hint: We see this regularly in the UK - rain (therefore it's to do with rain or rather lack of- lateral thinking).

@steevp your turn.