• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

perryman

4. Also, at the start of this person's career, an adjective was prefixed to their stage/performing name.

In summary, to save scrolling:

1. Whose birth surname is Hardaway Morris?
2. This person is in the music industry, on a global level.
3. This person is still alive, and their stage first name isn't quite the same as on the birth certificate (which itself I think is a quite rare name).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

perryman

No. With respect to Steven Tyler this person is a truly global name and world superstar and has been so for around 5-6 decades.

perryman

A slight error on my part, I have things slight the wrong way around. This person’s birth surname name was Hardaway Judkins and became Hardaway Morris as a child and the latter is the person’s legal name. All other facts remain the same.

Sorry for the confusion.

MotCO

Established Member
A slight error on my part, I have things slight the wrong way around. This person’s birth surname name was Hardaway Judkins and became Hardaway Morris as a child and the latter is the person’s legal name. All other facts remain the same.

Sorry for the confusion.

Ah, that makes all the difference! Still haven't a clue :lol: :lol:

perryman

I would suggest bigger than Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac though of course that is rather subjective. This artist had a US number 1 at the age of 12 although I would suggest that their next number 1 US song, at the age of 15 was this person’s first global hit and brought this person to the world stage.

perryman

Stevland Hardaway Morris is indeed Stevie Wonder.

Heaven Help Us All, we got there, and I'm not too Uptight about it. The microphone is yours, well done.

John Hunt

Please everyone accept my apologies - not a good showing for a first time question setter here.

The answer I was looking for was The Star Spangled Banner.
Hendrix famously performed it at Woodstock, and Puccini makes reference to it (uses sections of it) in Madam Butterfly Act 1.

Open floor.

perryman

I have the bug now... If I may:

Eight nations have won the football World Cup. Five of these nations have also ended up as losing finalists. Which three nations have won the trophy and also not ended up as losing finalists.

Preferably, I'd like the answer in one hit, along with the years that the respective nations won the trophy.

*for the purpose of this quiz, any possible answer that may involve a country unifying or separating are counted as one nation.

MotCO

Established Member
I have the bug now... If I may:

Eight nations have won the football World Cup. Five of these nations have also ended up as losing finalists. Which three nations have won the trophy and also not ended up as losing finalists.

Preferably, I'd like the answer in one hit, along with the years that the respective nations won the trophy.

*for the purpose of this quiz, any possible answer that may involve a country unifying or separating are counted as one nation.

England (1966), France (1990) and Uruguay (1932)

MotCO

Established Member
Did I get the year for France wrong? It should be 1998 and 2018, and Uruguay is 1930