• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

SteveM70

Established Member
There were 22 players in the england squad for the 1966 World Cup. The third most capped player in the squad (after Bobby Charlton and Jimmy Greaves) didn’t play in any of England’s games. Who was he?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SteveM70

Established Member
Ron Flowers of Wolves ?

it was definitely NOT Alan Ball - he had very few caps possibly single figures off memory.

It was indeed. He had 49 caps at the time, behind Charlton (68) and Greaves (51).

Ball had 10 caps, not many at all but more than the 8 that Martin Peters and Geoff Hurst had between them

The next selection dilemma is yours.....

DerekC

Established Member
Hiddenberg?

Not the Hindenburg.

I believe it was USS Akron in New jersey in the early 1930s which exploded with nearly 100 killed ?

USS Akron is right and the date near enough (1933). It was a 240m long helium-filled ship designed as an aircraft carrier, with a range of nearly 6000 miles at 55 knots. It didn't explode, though. It lost altitude, went out of control and crashed into the sea in a severe storm. 73 of the 76 crew died. They had no life jackets and died from drowning and hypothermia.

Your empty sky, @444045

GRALISTAIR

Established Member
Thank you

Where would you find Mother played by a man and Father by a woman ?
There was also a series I think The Avengers 1969s and 1970s where Mother was a code name for the boss who was a man but later on in the series the deputy boss or other was called by the code name Father who was played by a woman.

There was also a series I think The Avengers 1969s and 1970s where Mother was a code name for the boss who was a man but later on in the series the deputy boss or other was called by the code name Father who was played by a woman.
You are correct and described the scenario exactly - it was The Avengers - the floor is yours

MotCO

Established Member
Can I jump in with a Doctor Who question?

There was a spin-off programme from Doctor Who which aired in 2006. What was the name of this programme (1 point) and why was it given this name (2 points)?

Rutland23

Thank you.

I have been following this thread for a log time. The only time I have had an answer, I have been too late to post it, so rather pleased to have broken my 'duck'.

Any way....

In Will Shakespeares Will, his second best bed was left to his wife.

Who got his best one?

Regards

Ian

MotCO

Established Member
Thank you.

I have been following this thread for a log time. The only time I have had an answer, I have been too late to post it, so rather pleased to have broken my 'duck'.

Any way....

In Will Shakespeares Will, his second best bed was left to his wife.

Who got his best one?

Regards

Ian

Was the first bed fixed to the house, so is the answer whoever bought his house?