• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

MotCO

Established Member
Point of order; William did not leave his second best bed to his wife, he left it to his widow :lol:

Did he also leave his best bed to his widow?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Did Shakespeare have any other close relatives apart from his wife/widow (Anne Hathaway?) or daughter Judith. Another daughter, perhaps?

Rutland23

Did Shakespeare have any other close relatives apart from his wife/widow (Anne Hathaway?) or daughter Judith. Another daughter, perhaps?

Rutland23

Not sure what happened there, I tried to include some quotes.

Not his bank/debtor (or even a creditor)

and yes, he had other close relatives
Regards

Ian

SteveM70

Established Member
Presumably they were very much about inheritance following the male line, but he only had daughters who survived him. So his son-in-law?

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Did he have a brother?

Genuine question, but if he did, he didn't get the bed.
William Shakespeare had several brothers, I believe. But they pre-deceased him, so I guess they wouldn't have got the bed.

Several sisters died young, think that just one outlived him. So if not the other daughter (the one that wasn't Judith), maybe it was his surviving sister that got the "best" bed.

Last edited:

Rutland23

William Shakespeare had several brothers, I believe. But they pre-deceased him, so I guess they wouldn't have got the bed.

Several sisters died young, think that just one outlived him. So if not the other daughter (the one that wasn't Judith), maybe it was his surviving sister that got the "best" bed.
Near enough to claim the duvet on a cold night.

Will's eldest daughter Susannah (Hall) inherited the bed, so the daughter who was not Judith is the correct answer.

@Mcr Warrior, your call.

Regards

Ian

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
An easy one...

Which English County were the first winners of the inaugural official County Championship cricket competition, and a bonus point for the year in question.

martinsh

Established Member
OK, staying with cricket, but adding football into the equation. Which English towns / cities have a county cricket ground, but don't have a team in the Football League / Premier League ?

perryman

Taunton, Worcester, Canterbury, Chelmsford, Chester-le-Street and possibly Gloucester although I think they play at Bristol.

MotCO

Established Member
What about Surrey? They play at the Oval near Kennington, but neither Kennington, nor any team in Surrey have a premier league football team. Ditto Middlesex - the county doesn't exist!

perryman

Thank you.

On 10th September 1977 in Marseilles, what happened to Hamida Djandoubi but no one else since, officially.

Trackman

Established Member
keeping on the theme..
In 1939 the last public Guillotining took place in France.
Which famous English actor was present at the execution?