• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MotCO

Established Member
Are they songs 1st aired on radio stations as Flowers in the rain by The Move was 1st on Radio 1 in 1967,

so was The Sound of Music the 1st on Radio 2 by any chance. Not sure which radio stations the others were 1st though.

Yes, indeed they were.

Flowers in the Rain sung by The Move was the first song on Radio 1​
The Sound Of Music sung by Julie Andrews was the first song on Radio 2​
Bridge over Troubled Water sung by Simon and Garfunkel was the first song on Capital Radio​
Not Fade away by The Rolling Stones was the first song on Radio Caroline​
Changes sung by Gavin James was the first song on Virgin Radio​

Your turn to spin the discs.

Thank you.

Which actor/s link the following tv programmes please ?

1/ Red Dwarf and Death in Paradise
2/ The Bill and Holby City
3/ Heartbeat and Casualty
4/ Tenko and Bergerac
5/ Last of the Summer Wine and On the Buses
6/ Waiting for God and Doc Martin
7/ Rings on their fingers and The Cuckoo Waltz
8/ The Protectors and The Man from U.N.C.L.E
9/ Softly Softly Task Force and Emmerdale
10/ C.A.T.S. Eyes and Men behaving Badly

Nick_C

1 is Danny John-Jules, who played Cat and Dwayne respectively. (He actually played characters called Dwayne in both series - Dwayne Dibbley in Red Dwarf, Dwayne Myers in DiP)

4) Louise Jameson appeared in both.
6) Stephanie Cole.
7) Diane Keen.
8) Robert Vaughn.
You have all 4 correct.
[MERGE_INDICATOR]1610465395[/MERGE_INDICATOR]
1 is Danny John-Jules, who played Cat and Dwayne respectively. (He actually played characters called Dwayne in both series - Dwayne Dibbley in Red Dwarf, Dwayne Myers in DiP)
You are correct.
[MERGE_INDICATOR]1610465426[/MERGE_INDICATOR]
10 - Leslie Ash
You are correct.

Trackman

Established Member
2) Alex Wilkinshaw or something like that.
3) Joe McFadden
5) The late and great Stephen Lewis.

Just to update on the actor/s links still to get : -

2/ The Bill and Holby City - There are 3 actors needed here, Alex Walkinshaw is one, need 2 more.
3/ Heartbeat and Casualty - There is 1 actor needed here.
9/ Softly Softly Task Force and Emmerdale - There is 1 actor needed here.

Last edited:

Clue time to help :

2/ 2 Female actresses needed here, 1 recently left the show, the other still going strong!

3/ Male actor needed here, recently got married in the show.

9/ Male actor needed here, was killed by his wife!

MotCO

Established Member
Clue time to help :

2/ 2 Female actresses needed here, 1 recently left the show, the other still going strong!

3/ Male actor needed here, recently got married in the show.

9/ Male actor needed here, was killed by his wife!

9 Frank Windsor?

Another clue for remaining actors links : -

2/ The Bill and Holby City - You are looking for 2 female actors, 1 died in Holby recently, the other doesn't tolerate fools at Holby!

5/ Heartbeat and Casualty - You are looking for a male actor, recently married in Casualty and had a Solicitor wife in Heartbeat!

MotCO

Established Member
5) Nick Berry?

I have no idea about the other one - I never watched The Bill or Holby City, and suspect the lack of responses suggests others didn't either. :frown:

5) Nick Berry?

I have no idea about the other one - I never watched The Bill or Holby City, and suspect the lack of responses suggests others didn't either. :frown:
Sorry not correct but you are on the right track - it was one of his replacements.

Trackman

Established Member
Another clue for remaining actors links : -

2/ The Bill and Holby City - You are looking for 2 female actors, 1 died in Holby recently, the other doesn't tolerate fools at Holby!

5/ Heartbeat and Casualty - You are looking for a male actor, recently married in Casualty and had a Solicitor wife in Heartbeat!
2- Sophie Marcel or something like that? (Jac Naylor) - she was in a long running bill story line
5- Don't know actors name, know the character in Casualty.

2- Sophie Marcel or something like that? (Jac Naylor) - she was in a long running bill story line
5- Don't know actors name, know the character in Casualty.
You are correct - its Rosie Marcel who used to be Smithy's girlfriend in the Bill who of course was Alex Walkinshaw - Fletch in Holby.
I'm happy to accept the character name in Casualty as this quiz has been running for quite awhile now!

Trackman

Established Member
You are correct - its Rosie Marcel who used to be Smithy's girlfriend in the Bill who of course was Alex Walkinshaw - Fletch in Holby.
I'm happy to accept the character name in Casualty as this quiz has been running for quite awhile now!
David Ide

I think we will wrap this quiz up now as it has been going for a while and let someone else have a go.

The other answer I was looking for who appeared in Holby & The Bill was Kaye Wragg who played Essie DeLuca in Holby and died
before marrying Sacha Levy in hospital, she had cancer.

Thank you to everyone who took part.

@Mcr Warrior & @Trackman both got 4 correct answers, so could I ask you both to decide who asks the next question.

Last edited:

Trackman

Established Member
I think we will wrap this quiz up now as it has been going for a while and let someone have a go.

The other answer I was looking for who appeared in Holby & The Bill was Kaye Wragg who played Essie DeLuca in Holby and died
before marrying Sacha Levy in hospital, she had cancer.

Thank you to everyone who took part.

@Mcr Warrior & @Trackman both got 4 correct answers, so could I ask you both to decide who asks the next question.
Ah Yes, Essie!
I've no question so over to @Mcr Warrior

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Which English football team(s) has/have unsuccessfully applied to join the Scottish League, but, notwithstanding this setback, have then gone on to win the FA Cup at Wembley Stadium?

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Berwick (Rangers?) ?
No. They, of course, did get into the Scottish League in the 1950's, and managed to stay there until just a few years ago, when they dropped into the Lowland League.

The Wee Rangers certainly haven't won the (English) FA Cup, though!

perryman

Was this Wimbledon/MK Dons (not AFC Wimbledon) when they were going through the start of the franchise issue?

Scrap that, from the timeline mentioned in the question it can't be.