• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DasLunatic

I'm starting to think it is. I've had a look up and down Autobahn 9 in Germany, and I can't find any junction like that (aside from its junction with Autobahn 38, but it's clearly not quite right and is also near Leipzig).

I've also had a look up and down Autobahn 9 in Switzerland and Autobahn 9 in Austria. Neither have a junction that looks like this one.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
However, I've just looked along the other road I've mentioned, namely Autobahn 14. It has a junction with Autobahn 2 near Magdeburg which looks like a good candidate...

It is a good candidate - because it is the correct answer. Your floor.

me123

Established Member
Complete the sequence and explain.

John Adams
Thomas Jefferson
Martin van Buren
John Tyler

There are two possible (but very similar) answers to this depending on how you have interpreted the sequence. I don't think I can actually say what the problem would be without giving the game away, so I shall accept either answer provided it is accompanied by the correct explanation.

Marton

Benjamin Harrison
William McKinley

Both died in 1901. The previous members of the list were presidents who died in the same years. 1826 & 1862

me123

Established Member
Nope. Whilst you are correct with the dates, you have made the assumption that they are paired. I can tell you that they are not paired - this is a sequence.

me123

Established Member
And plenty more too. Another notable one is Nixon - interestingly, he left the VP's office some eight years before he was Commander in Chief. This is where I would have accepted at least two answers - Nixon could be included unless you specifically stated that they immediately ascended to the premiership (in which case it would be reasonable and indeed correct to exclude Nixon).

Perhaps I was being a bit pernickety in my night shift stupor. I'll open the floor up to Dale. He clearly understood what I was getting at.

DaleCooper

Established Member
I'll open the floor up to Dale. He clearly understood what I was getting at.

Thanks although I'm not sure I deserve it. Anyway here's a question:

Where are social classes related to geometric figures as follows?

Soldiers and workmen - Isosceles triangle
Craftsmen - Equilateral triangle
Professionals - Square and pentagon
Nobility - Hexagon, heptagon, octagon etc.
Priests - Circle

A Challenge

Established Member
I take it being so intrigued about it copying it into google straight after seeing it disqualifies me?

(The place it came up with is on this forum!)

Last edited:

DaleCooper

Established Member
I read books, Dale - sometimes they are not machine washable

Might I presume the floor is mine

That's interesting, which books does that quote appear in? However your answer is incorrect.

I know at least two forum members know the correct answer so perhaps one of them would like to supply it.

DaleCooper

Established Member
I will - the answer is DaleCooper! This is a good one. Can I do the next question?

DaleCooper, whose aphorisms don't appear in any books, is quite correct so of course you are more than welcome to set the next question.

(H. L. Mencken is the answer Google provides, naughty Google!)

A Challenge

Established Member
Coming from this forum though in the Boaty MacBoatface thread!

Grey, Red, Blue, Orange, Green, Yellow ...

What comes next and what is the number assigned to it in the sequence (as a hint, Yellow is 200)?

A Challenge

Established Member
It could be, be I didn't make the question to that way if that is what you are asking.
Do people need a hint - I am surprised nobody has even given incorrect answers!

DaleCooper

Established Member
I think it's the traffic light sequence in New New York (Futurama) the numbers being the permitted speed for that colour, therefore next in the sequence is Ultraviolet = Lightspeed

A Challenge

Established Member
Nope clue this afternoon.
Actually - clue now! What other number hint would you like?

Last edited: