• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Marton

Which British motor manufacturer had models including Peregrine, Kestrel and Weasel

Marton

There must have been two Kestrels. This one was launched in 1933. The Riley seems to have been a suffix to designate sporty Variant models from 1926 onward rather than the model itself.

another hint required?

Marton

Just a stab in the dark - Jowett?

I hope not to meet you in the dark

Spot on Jowett from Idle, Bradford

Better known for the Jowett Javelin. I believe they were (one of) the first to make an Aluminium engine and gear box.

DaleCooper

Established Member
I wasn't expecting that, the only Jowett I'd heard of was the Javelin which apparently had a bonnet which could decapitate the unwary.

Next question:

Who created the characters Mr Natural, Fritz the Cat, BoBo Bolinski and The Snoid.

341o2

Established Member
Which British motor manufacturer had the production models GT, Genie and Invader, and for a bonus point, why was this manufacturer almost unique?

DaleCooper

Established Member
And your horrible feeling is correct. R J Mitchell wanted to call it the Shrew and hated the name Spitfire. I know which one I prefer.
Over to you.

Can you imagine "Flying past now the plane that won The Battle of Britain - The Shrew" doesn't have a heroic ring to it does it? I think the Hurricane would have got a lot more of the limelight. Anyway I don't have a question so open floor...

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
An open floor...? :smile:

Which famous military ceremony is never filmed?
It’s ringing a bell with me that it’s something to do with retreating. Is that anywhere near the right answer?
I frequently end up looking silly on this section...

AndyPJG

I also believe it's the longest continuous ceremony too?

Thank you; I don't have a decent question to hand, so Open Floor.

Calthrop

Established Member
Which person's negative autoprophetic intimations proved to be justified, in the shape of colonisation -- with a demographic-expansion option -- by eight avifaunal specimens, of a hirsutic area of said person?