• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

341o2

Established Member
OK, Forester. Which opera is based upon a newspaper series of a forester and the various animals he comes into contact with - one in particular

xotGD

Established Member
Sticking with TV, what was the name of the wine bar run by James Willmott-Brown in Eastenders in the late 1980s?

xotGD

Established Member
Two part question on Sunderland:

1. In which year did Sunderland become a city?
2. In which decade did Sunderland AFC last win the league? Bonus points if you know the year.

MotCO

Established Member
1 - 1992 (Queen’s 40th)

2 - 1920s

Just been watching a re-run of Antiques Road Trip, and they started in Sunderland. The voice over referred to Sunderland becoming a city in 1992 ;)

I'll plump for 1970s (winning the 2nd Division)

Last edited:

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Issue must be the date that Sunderland AFC last won the Football League. I'll go for sometime in the 1930's.

xotGD

Established Member
Issue must be the date that Sunderland AFC last won the Football League. I'll go for sometime in the 1930's.
It was the 1935-36 season. The last time a team in stripes won the league.

A 1-1 draw between SteveM70 and Mcr Warrior.

However, as SteveM70 got a correct answer first and even provided background information I shall declare him the winner on penalties.

Your floor...

SteveM70

Established Member
Probably nice and easy.....which team has held the FA Cup for the longest continuous period?

perryman

I grew up in the bad lands of inner London in the 1970s, pre-gentrification of most areas. My walk to and from primary school necessitated in me traversing a very steep incline (all the more steep when one is young) known as Spring Hill. I didn't realise at the time that 'Spring Hill' is the English translation for an international city when translated from its country's official language.

The name of this city, please.