• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

General Knowledge Quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MotCO

Established Member
You also said you went to Vermont last week, so maybe you saw something about Gordon Welchman whilst you were there, so can I also vote for Vermont?

GRALISTAIR

Established Member
Maybe he retired to Florida, and passed away there?

Again another very well deduced guess but not the correct answer I am afraid.

You also said you went to Vermont last week, so maybe you saw something about Gordon Welchman whilst you were there, so can I also vote for Vermont?

Now you are getting extremely warm. So warm that you are sharing a state line boundary. Turing had connections with Manchester University and it was where he was arrested. He also had connections with Kings Cambridge- so Welchman ......

MotCO

Established Member
I'm confused by the Cambridge connection. So I'm assuming maybe it's Cambridge-Yale, and Yale is in Connecticut.

Calthrop

Established Member
I had basically no idea; and the "state boundary" element came about via other's endeavours. Open floor, please.

Calthrop

Established Member
I get the feeling that I've heard of Newburyport in a railway connection -- can't think what, though. Anyway, it's open floor.

MotCO

Established Member
Ok. A sort-of political question. What unique feature links Anne Clarissa Eden, spouse of Anthony Eden, and Mary Wilson, spouse of Harold Wilson?

MotCO

Established Member
Age?

I think Clarissa Eden recently celebrated her 100th birthday and I am sure Mary Wilson lived to a great age, over 100.

I doubt whether any other wives of PM's reached their centenary.

You are correct on both points. Incidentally, Clarissa is currently the oldest surviving spouse of a PM.

Pease take the floor.

SteveM70

Established Member
What two events related to the Beatles happened on this date, eight years apart, in 1963 and 1971?

341o2

Established Member
Was 1963 their first No1 and 1971 when the group split up.

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Were they the dates of the last two public concerts? I think that the former was in Cardiff and the second on the roof of the Apple Building in Baker Street, London.

SteveM70

Established Member
Were they the dates of the last two public concerts? I think that the former was in Cardiff and the second on the roof of the Apple Building in Baker Street, London.

You’re on the right track with the first answer, but not the second.

Clue to the second date - it’s something involving one of the Beatles only

GRALISTAIR

Established Member
I think it has to do with George but thinking deep, My Sweet Lord was 1970 not 1971. However, The Concert for Bangladesh (actual concert not the album released to raise money) was I could swear August 1971 - so perhaps as they are both concerts in the original question this is a better answer.