• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

German 175 years Railway Celebration - special offers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonthemoron

Established Member
To celebrate 2010 being the 175th anniversary of the opening of first railway line in Germany, between Nürnberg and Fürth, Deutsche Bahn have some interesting offers.

Basically, these 175 hours for €175, i.e. 7 days and 7 hours or €299 for a months train travel. Valid until end of August 2010. These tickets are 2nd class only and are valid on all classes of DB trains within Germany, including ICE, although supplements are payable on night trains and ICE Sprinter services.

I'm not sure who engineered the original railway line, it may have been Stephenson who supplied the first two engines

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

j0hn0

To celebrate 2010 being the 175th anniversary of the opening of first railway line in Germany, between Nürnberg and Fürth, Deutsche Bahn have some interesting offers.

Basically, these 175 hours for €175, i.e. 7 days and 7 hours or €299 for a months train travel. Valid until end of August 2010. These tickets are 2nd class only and are valid on all classes of DB trains within Germany, including ICE, although supplements are payable on night trains and ICE Sprinter services.

I'm not sure who engineered the original railway line, it may have been Stephenson who supplied the first two engines

Thanks Gordon

This is an absolute bargain for anyone wanting to visit Germany in the summer.

Cr@p for me though as I am leaving at the end of this month :)

metrocammel

I'm about to take advantage of this rather good offer.

I'm not sure what Stephenson did, but the DB Regio AG main offices are on Stephensonstaße in Frankfurt, so there must be some link!

Status
Not open for further replies.