• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

German Passenger, Freight and Trams in Dresden last week

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartmoss

Freiburger Strasse Bahnhof
[youtube]zF1r6OoC_so[/youtube]

Dresden Trams
[youtube]W12aa8m8EA0[/youtube]

Pirnaischer Platz to Blasewitz schillerplatz: Views from a tram
[youtube]cH9ZufIjdBI[/youtube]

Permoserstrasse to Theatreplatz: Views from a tram
[youtube]0LuSzpk6Fg8[/youtube]

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WestCoast

Established Member
A great set of videos there, especially the trams in the old town. Coincidentally, I was passing through Dresden last week as well! :D

Interesting how they use double-decker stock on the Dresden S-Bahn, they are normally reserved for RE services.

stuartmoss

What a coincidence!?

Next time I go (probably December, I'm going to concentrate most of my filimg in the Neustadt, as I've done the Alstadt to death over the years).

Did you see the miniature railway in the park by the zoo while you were there? I missed out on it unfortunately, although I did go on these:

[youtube]pum-eWUF7zE[/youtube]

[youtube]Rbzl0yqVoFk[/youtube]

Were you there for business or leisure, this was my first leisure only visit and I loved it.

WestCoast

Established Member
I was only passing through on a three hours 'stopover' on my way to Budapest last Wednesday, so I only got to visit the city centre unfortunately. I will have to go back sometime.

stuartmoss

It's my favourite city in Germany, if you look on my YouTube page, there is a 30 minute video around the city. I'm looking at flights to Berlin / Prague now to get back there :D

Status
Not open for further replies.