• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Germany Steam Charter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Poole

Next month I heading to Germany, during my time in Germany, I noticed there an steam charter from Frankfurt/Main to Chemnitz on the 20th August, been looking over the internet but cannot find any details about it, anyone know about this tour or help please, thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gordon

Next month I heading to Germany, during my time in Germany, I noticed there an steam charter from Frankfurt/Main to Chemnitz on the 20th August, been looking over the internet but cannot find any details about it, anyone know about this tour or help please, thanks in advance

I've tried several avenues of searching with all the key German language phrases. I found it mentioned in one railway event planner but the link to the organiser website drew a blank.

I wonder if it was planned but is now cancelled?

Gordon

Not really I'm afraid.

This site is a wide ranging guide to railway and associated tourist attractions across Saxony. I had already checked here before posting my previous information and found nothing of help.

The site mentions the Chemnitz Heizhausfest (but without much detail) which I believe was the intended destination of the trip from Frankfurt of which there is no mention

Simon Poole

I know about the website, I have checked there but nothing but I did found their email which I sent and that Saxon one is another tour which takes people from England but it was around the same time as this other tour from Frankfurt
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I found this on an website and translated it

Special train from Frankfurt / Main via Offenbach , Hanau , Fulda , Bebra , Eisenach and Erfurt
Chemnitz for local boiler house party. Zuglok not yet known

Gordon

I know about the website, I have checked there but nothing but I did found their email which I sent and that Saxon one is another tour which takes people from England but it was around the same time as this other tour from Frankfurt
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I found this on an website and translated it

Special train from Frankfurt / Main via Offenbach , Hanau , Fulda , Bebra , Eisenach and Erfurt
Chemnitz for local boiler house party. Zuglok not yet known

That is the railway event planner I mentioned in my earlier post, so my comment

"I found it mentioned in one railway event planner but the link to the organiser website drew a blank. I wonder if it was planned but is now cancelled? "

still stands.

Established Member
If the tour was from Frankfurt then it was probably run by Historische Eisenbahn Frankfurt but there is no sign of that trip on their website so, as others have pointed out, it has probably been cancelled.

If you are looking for things to do during your trip then have a look at the Lok Report Termine section and the similar section on the Drehscheibe website. You will often find with tours in Germany that if they do not get sufficient bookings to make the tour viable by a cut-off date then it will get cancelled.

Status
Not open for further replies.