• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Getting a railway job with Aspergers

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenorthern

Established Member
This seem an odd question but a friend of mine with Aspergers syndrome is desperate to work on the railways in any capacity as he loves trains.

Is there any roles that you think would be suitable for him? Also do any rail companies offer work experience placements or internships? He is based in Shropshire if that helps.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
It would depend I guess on where on the spectrum he is, but given that jobs on the railway by and large consist of knowing and following the rules it might well work fairly well.

Failing that, railway IT? There are a lot of people in IT with mild Aspergers, certainly, as it seems to promote a good understanding of how computers work (as they will always do exactly what they are told to do, however seemingly illogical). My little nephew has Aspergers and I reckon he has a long and fulfilling (and potentially lucrative) IT career ahead of him if he wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.