• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Getting Rail Europe to display a LNR/WMT Only fare from Liverpool to Milton Keynes Central

Status
Not open for further replies.

gray1404

Established Member
Can anyone please help me. I am trying to get Rail Europe to display a LNR/WMT Only fare from Liverpool Lime Street or Liverpool South Parkway (either is fine) to Milton Keynes Central. The Super Off Peak Return with a disabled person's railcard, but I am finding it impossible. The only journeys I can get it to show a leg on another TOC so the desired fare is not showing. I have a £5 off voucher code for Rail Europe that I'd like to use up you see.

Can anyone get it to display somehow?

Thanks. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Can anyone please help me. I am trying to get Rail Europe to display a LNR/WMT Only fare from Liverpool Lime Street or Liverpool South Parkway (either is fine) to Milton Keynes Central. The Super Off Peak Return with a disabled person's railcard, but I am finding it impossible. The only journeys I can get it to show a leg on another TOC so the desired fare is not showing. I have a £5 off voucher code for Rail Europe that I'd like to use up you see.

Can anyone get it to display somehow?

Thanks. :)
Looks like you might be able to do LNR only journeys by specifying the minimum duration of your change at Crewe or Stafford under more options although I don't see how you can get it to offer a super-off-peak return instead of single fares.

Maybe keep the voucher for a different journey - the website interface seems awful.

Last edited:

Veteran Member
Tried without success - I can get it to show the journey "via Tamworth" but it then says there are no fares even from South Parkway :(

andythebrave

Add via Birmingham (you don't need to go that way) with 15 minutes added connection time. Select upgrade class and flexibility to display super off-peak return.

PS Awful website by the way.

Veteran Member
Add via Birmingham (you don't need to go that way) with 15 minutes added connection time. Select upgrade class and flexibility to display super off-peak return.
Unfortunately, on my Android device, it splits the ticket, almost doubling the fare (and restricting the route).

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member

It's not great, but it isn't really designed for our esoteric fare system, more for buying European tickets, which mostly these days are "one ticket per vehicle journey" like buses. Not a great place to buy UK tickets, though I do recognise why you are.

gray1404

Established Member

Was it the through Liverpool to MKC Super Off Peak WMT Only ticket you were able to bring up?

JBuchananGB

This is quite a challenge and I have failed. I worked out from brfares that the desired fare is £19.80 (non-discounted £30). I looked on a TOC's website to find suitable journeys for which it would sell the fare, and chose outward on the 11.05 on 23/11 and return on the 13.19 on 24/11. OK, long wait Crewe. Even when I force Rail Europe to select these trains, it still insists on splitting the tickets and using advance singles for the leg from Crewe to Milton Keynes. It does offer the LNR/WMT super off-peak for the leg from Crewe to MKC, but that's a bit silly really.

andythebrave

Really sorry, yes it's splitting, should have carried on to next page....
Not good it says super off-peak return and doesn't say there's more to add later.

Status
Not open for further replies.