• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Getting started in railway modelling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

J-Rod

All you need is a rolling road with some (very slightly) abrasive paper which (ideally) conducts electricity.

The 00 gauge staff have baulked at that, saying that they'll have to consult with their union first. However, they did get their task finished so have earned the portaloo for the next job (as t'were)

IMG_1961.jpg IMG_1962.jpg IMG_1963.jpg IMG_1964.jpg IMG_1965.jpg

J-Rod

Brilliant! My lad's got a little bag of figures painted in different colours, he's started picking out the ones in orange and putting them on bits of track he wants to 'fix'.
good lad. It'll be done in no time :)

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
You think you’ve all got problems...
I’ve had to organise an N gauge 1980s rail replacement bus service due to cuts in the Devon railway system in the late 1960s...
66DA8AC0-1B52-455D-BBAB-C09FA20911D9.jpeg

I got a magnifying glass out to see the passengers facial expressions, and they weren’t happy...

J-Rod

a highly sensitive microphone would hear them muttering things like 'shambles' and 'ridiculous'

J-Rod

So The Greasy Donkey Jacket Army In 00 Scale is out again. They earned their portaloos, so are going to crack on with this corner this weekend, safe in the knowledge they have somewhere to go to read The Sun and avoid work...

IMG_1976.jpg

If they can be bothered, they'll get on with this too

IMG_1977.jpg

@Joise - are you sure you want to proceed down this path? Once you light this flame, it's very hard to put out (and forces one to mix metaphors on a forum years later) and costs a fortune in cheap filler from The Range.

Josie

@Joise - are you sure you want to proceed down this path? Once you light this flame, it's very hard to put out (and forces one to mix metaphors on a forum years later) and costs a fortune in cheap filler from The Range.

Un/fortunately it's well lit already, mixed metaphors and all!

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
I hope all your carriages are all fitted with retention tanks, or the OORMT is going to get rather upset ;)

J-Rod

I hope all your carriages are all fitted with retention tanks, or the OORMT is going to get rather upset ;)
It's set somewhere between 1975 and 1990 (ish), so they're not too bothered about that yet. They're still sinking 5 pints in the messroom before going on shift

Status
Not open for further replies.