Getting to Archway tube station

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by WombatDeath, 14 Mar 2019 at 19:40.

1. WombatDeath

WombatDeath Member

Sorry if this is a daft question, and doubly so if this is the wrong place to ask it.

I have to travel from Bank to Archway tube station. The live departure board suggests that Northern line trains are running through Archway. However, for the last couple of days the TfL journey planner is adamant that I have to take a series of buses. Is there a glitch with the planner, or am I being an idiot? I don't seem able to get any results that include a tube train to Archway, regardless of my starting point.

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. traji00

traji00 Member

There's most likely a glitch. Anything going to High Barnet / Mill Hill East / Finchley Central should suffice. :)

4. EM2

EM2 Established Member

Working fine for me.

5. WombatDeath

WombatDeath Member

Excellent, thank you!

6. Hadders

Hadders Established Member

Check what Transport modes you’ve got selected? Are you searching for bus only, or got tube deselected in error.

7. WombatDeath

WombatDeath Member

It seems to be a browser problem. If I use Firefox I have to take the bus (even if I'm in private browsing mode, so no cookie problems) while with IE I'm offered an eighteen-minute journey on the tube. Very odd! Anyway, thank you all for your help, I thought I was going mad for a while.

8. yorkie

yorkie Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Using FireFox, it says to take the Northern Line taking 19mins.

9. Ralph Ayres

Ralph Ayres Member

When I use Firefox, despite selecting "Bank" with an LU roundel next to it, it tells me to walk 11 minutes to Bank station to catch the Northern line...

10. WombatDeath

WombatDeath Member

I have discovered that disabling Adblock Plus solves the issue - I mention it here in case anyone runs into a similar issue in the future. I've also mentioned it on the TfL developer forum so that they can hopefully fix it.

I can also report that I have successfully travelled on the Northern line from Bank to Archway! Thank you again for your help.