• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Getting to Tyseley depot open day this Fri from London.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theageofthetra

On Moderation
As it was such a pleasant service last time I used it I was hoping to get the 10.10 Chiltern 68 hauled set from Marylebone. Using non protected Priv & Govia TOC card would I be best to get the return via High Wycombe to just Solihull and get a Midland service from there to Tyseley?

Also coming back that evening would it be wise to head back to Moor St so I definitely get a seat on the Chiltern service rather than taking my chances at Solihull ?

I have never visited the depot before but I presume it is really obvious how to get there from the station?

Thanks for any help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Come out of the station and turn right, then bear right into Wharfdale Road (just follow the pavement round) and again into Warwick Road (A41). Access to the Loco Works is next to the Railway Club. It's about a 300 metre walk, and if you get to the entrance to London Midland's Tyseley Depot you've gone too far!

If you were going on Saturday or Sunday, a few Chiltern services will be making additional calls at Tyseley (details on the Chiltern site under "Changes to Train Times").

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I suggest getting to Moor Street after if possible. Try to be on the 15:55 back as well if possible - that's the last 68 hauled one from Birmingham to London.

theageofthetra

On Moderation
As a TOC employee do you think I could get into the Railway Club for 'refreshments' with suitable i.d?

Status
Not open for further replies.