Getting window labels from Mk3s

Discussion in 'Memorabilia, Media & Publications' started by Lewis lamb62), 22 Apr 2018.

1. Lewis lamb62)

Lewis lamb62) Member

Hi, I’m completely new at this and was wondering if anyone could give me a quick tutorial on getting Mk3 window labels from their holder? Thanks

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. AlterEgo

AlterEgo Veteran Member

You ask the guard or another member of staff.

4. tiptoptaff

tiptoptaff Member

If you're on a GWR service, they just peel off, as they're stuck to the windows

5. 221129

221129 Established Member

But unauthorised removal is a criminal offence as well as potentially inconvenient.

6. tiptoptaff

tiptoptaff Member

That's why I take them off at Journeys End before they're binned.

7. Bletchleyite

Bletchleyite Veteran Member

Provided you don't take it during the journey there is basically no way you'll get prosecuted for removing a single use window label.

8. nat67

nat67 Member

Even still half the time the 'Normals' still don't know a thing about there train of travel in the direction and calling points. And its just wasting tree and I have seen them just put them into plastic bags so if its a named train then I would.

9. cactustwirly

cactustwirly Established Member

I don't see TOCs prosecuting over a bit of paper, which costs them a few pence to make.

10. Crossover

Crossover Established Member

Asking is likely to get a positive response if at the end of the journey. There have been a couple of journeys where the guard actually came and offered one without us asking (having realised we were enthusiasts) - I think that may have been on the Paddington to Newquay service

11. ChilternTurbo

ChilternTurbo Member

I've got a large collection of these and all were acquired either at journeys end when they're simply binned or by asking station staff who've Kindly given me a selection of rarer and named train items.
    To be honest, I've always wondered if it was a waste of time for train operators to use these, especially on GWR were the tinted glass on HSTs and the position of the label inside the coach rather than on the door makes the label hard to see.

12. ChilternTurbo

ChilternTurbo Member