• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ghost Train on new Northern Barrow Timetable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordac

Established Member
The new Northern timetable for Barrow and the Cumbrian coast (found here) seems to list a train that doesn't run. On page 19 of the pdf, rightmost column, there is listed a working departing Preston at 18:47 and arriving to Barrow at 20:06, but this train appears neither in RTT nor National Rail enquiries. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I did check and everything else in the timetable is in RTT.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pemma

Veteran Member
Looks like the service got changed to 19:08 and out-of-date information has been included in the printed timetable. The same is true of the 17:23 Piccadilly-Hazel Grove service which wrongly has been shown as still being a 17:23 Piccadilly-Chinley service in the Hope Valley timetable.

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
The new Northern timetable for Barrow and the Cumbrian coast (found here) seems to list a train that doesn't run. On page 19 of the pdf, rightmost column, there is listed a working departing Preston at 18:47 and arriving to Barrow at 20:06, but this train appears neither in RTT nor National Rail enquiries. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I did check and everything else in the timetable is in RTT.

Tweeted Northern about it and they've admitted its a mistake at their end and they will update timetables and their booking engine accordingly

Loop & Link

The service did actually exist anyway there's a unit (Class 185) and traincrew down to work it.

Greybeard33

Established Member
The service did actually exist anyway there's a unit (Class 185) and traincrew down to work it.
RTT shows 1C56, 1847 Preston - Barrow 2006, in the Working Timetable for tomorrow and subsequent days. It was there two months ago when I worked out the diagrams for this post (see Diagram 4), so there must have been a temporary glitch since.

It is in fact a portion working from Manchester Airport (1729), the front portion being 1N63 to Blackpool North (dep Preston 1841).

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
'Schedule from VSTP'

That is Operational

I was noting Schedule

Schedule Information
STP schedule UID O93952,
Identity 1C56
Runs on 16/05/2016 only
Service code 22974000
Express Passenger

Operational Information
Schedule from VSTP
Pathed as Diesel Multiple Unit

Freightmaster

Established Member
That is Operational

I was noting Schedule

Schedule Information
STP schedule UID O93952,
Identity 1C56
The clue is in the UID code - anything starting with
an 'O' (freight or passenger) is a vSTP working.

STP workings use other prefixes, such as R/U for freight
and S/Q/X (and others) for passenger workings.

MARK

Status
Not open for further replies.