• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Giant Subaru pop up adverts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
That's what I thought - I'm looking into it but am limited as to what I can do at work - so I can't promise immediate resolution on it.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I've done a couple of tweaks - but not sure if this has fixed it, so if you're seeing them, please clear your browser cache and post here if they come back again. :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Just had the living wage one appear. I'd clicked to view General Rail Discussion and the ad appeared. When I clicked the X and the ad disappeared I was still on the forum index page. There was no banner at the top. Hope this helps.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just had it again, this time going from a forum to a thread. Again the thread didn't display, but when I closed the advert there was a banner on the forum page.

fowler9

Established Member
I've not had one appear as yet this evening. They were a bit of a pain in the bum the last day or two.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Further info, I've just had the living wage advert twice in very quick succession. First I'd clicked on a thread link and got the ad, clicking the X took me back to the forum. Then I clicked on the thread again and got the thread, but then the ad appeared again after 2-3 seconds. Clicking the X returned me to the thread and there was a banner advert at the top of the page.

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Figured out the issue - will be fixed when I finish work if not before :)

In the meantime, using the default skin will solve the issue - though BusUK will show them unfortunately.

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Hi Peter,

It seems to be an issue with one of our ad suppliers. We'd already disabled them from showing ads on the default theme, but initially wasn't convinced that was the issue so they weren't disabled globally.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Figured out the issue - will be fixed when I finish work if not before :)

In the meantime, using the default skin will solve the issue - though BusUK will show them unfortunately.

Have you finished work yet?

I've just had the living wage ad appear again.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It only appears if you are not using the Default style, which enables the people responsible to troubleshoot.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
It only appears if you are not using the Default style, which enables the people responsible to troubleshoot.

I dispute that I'm afraid - I have never customised the appearance of the forum so it is 100% the default style but as I have posted in this thread, I have had several of these full screen monstrosities popping up over the past week or so.

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
This should only appear in the Bus & Coach forum on the default style - and that side of things has now been fixed.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I dispute that I'm afraid - I have never customised the appearance of the forum so it is 100% the default style but as I have posted in this thread, I have had several of these full screen monstrosities popping up over the past week or so.

l am referring since last night :)

Status
Not open for further replies.