• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Glasgow Central Station - BBC Documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuncanS

A search didn't bring up any posts about this so here we are, feel free to move if I've stuck it in the wrong place.

Signs up at Central Station advising passengers that they may be filmed by a camera crew that is making a Central Station documentary for the BBC with filming lasting until September. Didn't spot any crews.

As its being made by STV I'll assume its for BBC Scotland rather than the network.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dr Hoo

Established Member
Wow, a TV programme about Coatbridge Central at last!

I wonder what they will find to fill it.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I've made a slight adjustment to the thread title just to clarify that it wasn't Redcar Central ;)

Highlandspring

Established Member
Interesting - I’d heard rumblings about a documentary being filmed over the summer but nothing solid.

TommyD

They were filming a walk and talk to camera as I went through about midday yesterday. It looked to be a female presenter with Kirstie Allsopp behind the camera so maybe it's her 'Raise The Roof' production company doing it. They're based in Glasgow so it makes sense.

whhistle

On Moderation
FYI, it should be on the BBC iPlayer now.
I was reading yesterday it was part of the launch programmes for BBC Scotland.

DuncanS

It wasnt on last night and I dont see it scheduled this week. The "launch" scheduled programmes will cover the first month or so.

morrisobrien

"Inside Central Station".The six part series starts this Sunday at 2100hrs on the "new" BBC Scotland Channel.
Available on channel 115 on Sky,106 Freesat,Channel 9 Freeview,108 Virgin Media(North of the Border)and 162 Virgin Media(South of the Border).

Highlandspring

Established Member
I’m looking forward to this as I’m floating about in the background of one or two scenes... unless they’ve been chopped and left on the cutting room floor!

Belperpete

Established Member
I hope that us Sassenachs will get the chance to see it on iplayer !
BBC Wales programmes have definitely been available on iplayer to all UK, so hopefully these will too. Some programmes are available on iplayer to preview before they are broadcast (usually the next one in a series).

hexagon789

Veteran Member
From the first episode synopsis, this looks to be rather reminiscent of Paddington Station 24/7, though I guess that's rather the point. It'll be interesting to see my "local" major station in a different light as it were.

Highlandspring

Established Member
The “unscheduled special train” mentioned in the synopsis was the Mossend to Neilston leg of the Routes and Branches Railtour which ran on 2nd/3rd June, by the way.

Last edited:

big all

On Moderation
I hope that us Sassenachs will get the chance to see it on iplayer !

a tip
go on bbc iplayer
scroll down to the bottom off the black section
change location to scotland
then you can watch all your favorite programs from north off the border not being shown "dawn suff"
you can also choose other regions for there program choices

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
a tip
go on bbc iplayer
then you can watch all your favorite programs from north off the border not being shown "dawn suff"
You shouldn't have to change your location on iplayer to be able to watch other "regional" stuff on catch-up. I have no problems watching programmes from Wales or NI, for example - the list of categories should show NI, Wales and Scotland (although the Scotland category includes stuff from BBC Alba, which I would argue should have its own category). The only time I've needed to change region is if I've wanted to watch something live from elsewhere.

big all

On Moderation
You shouldn't have to change your location on iplayer to be able to watch other "regional" stuff on catch-up. I have no problems watching programmes from Wales or NI, for example - the list of categories should show NI, Wales and Scotland (although the Scotland category includes stuff from BBC Alba, which I would argue should have its own category). The only time I've needed to change region is if I've wanted to watch something live from elsewhere.
you dont usually but when you select live tv or todays tv it goes by the region your in

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
you dont usually but when you select live tv or todays tv it goes by the region your in
That's the point I was trying to make. I'm in Scotland, my iPlayer region is set to Scotland, so if I watch BBC1 on iPlayer at 18.35, or whenever "the news where you are" kicks in, it defaults to the BBC Scotland feed and I see Reporting Scotland. A while back there was a programme that I was interesting in regarding the state of the railways in the north of England - as it was a regional opt-out, I had to specifically set iPlayer to broadcast the live feed from that region, otherwise I'd have seen whatever BBC Scotland was broadcasting over the air.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
a tip
go on bbc iplayer

Ah, cheers for the tip !

yorksrob

Veteran Member
BBC Wales programmes have definitely been available on iplayer to all UK, so hopefully these will too. Some programmes are available on iplayer to preview before they are broadcast (usually the next one in a series).

Ah cheers. Personally I would have thought it would warrant a show on BBC4 as well.

big all

On Moderation
another tip
if you miss part off the program start dont select the program as it wont be available on iplayer yet select the actual channel its on by selecting
-more--tv--channel--
then select the following program if your one is not available select --live-- then you can go back for 2 hours from the live time
do not select from program start as it wont let you go back any further than the program start

anamyd

On Moderation
Drinking is illegal! :lol:

The piano :p

Class 37 ;)

Ed Sheeran :oops:

bussnapperwm

Established Member
If you live South of the Scottish border and have sky, the live stream of BBC Scotland is channel 457

Highlandspring

Established Member
I didn't like how the arrival of the railtour was presented as a "signalbox error". The tour was running around an hour late so the booked platform wasn't available meaning it had to be redocked. It certainly wasn't a mistake, it was just one of those things that happens when you're trying to run lots of trains into a complex, busy terminus.

Seen this last night - the redocking must have been quite late as a number of passengers were already sent to the platform for the Hampden special which was subsequently redocked to another platform. As for that idiot spotter who was swearing at the youngster in his photo frame, clucking bell!

Will WSSC signallers or control be making an appearance during the remaining episodes?

Highlandspring

Established Member
They spent a week and a bit filming at WSSC (both signallers and controllers) and apparently it’ll be featured in episode 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.