• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Glasgow Central Station - BBC Documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Very enjoyable programme.

There have been a few similar in recent years, however this one includes more of an historical context than others, which makes it a bit different.

Worth seeking out on iplayer.

londonboi198o5

On Moderation
Watched this last night and thought it was really really well done. Looking forward to the other 5 episodes

Bennski

The tour guide fella had a thick accent, follow him on twitter the tours look quite good actually...

Highlandspring

Established Member
Paul is a very very good storyteller and has worked very hard to get the tours off the ground from the inital proposal in 2013.

Trainfan344

Established Member
Liked the charming gentleman telling someone to F off out of his photograph.

GrimShady

Established Member
Apart from the archive footage, IMO it was a load of tosh which is something i've come to expect from these modern documentaries. It's the height of lazy journalism i.e. slap a film crew on the ground and see what happens! Pissed up Glaswegians and the inevitable goings on at the ticket machines/gates, same old garbage you see in these railway 'documentaries' all over the UK.

Very little factual or historical information given all the events that have surrounded Central since it was constructed/expanded.

Ben.A.98

I found it an enjoyable programme and look forwards to the rest of it. I liked the fact that unlike other programmes it did not build up an overrated level of suspence, possibly just an effect of the BBC not stopping every 10 minutes for a commercial break though.

GrimShady

Established Member
I found it an enjoyable programme and look forwards to the rest of it. I liked the fact that unlike other programmes it did not build up an overrated level of suspence, possibly just an effect of the BBC not stopping every 10 minutes for a commercial break though.

Ever since channel 5 has been around there's been a marked drop in documentary quality. Even Horizon has been dumbed down in there last 15 years.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
There shouldn't be any need to switch regions for the BBC Scotland channel. This is only necessary if you're watching a live programme on BBC 1 or 2 that's being broadcast in a different region.

big all

On Moderation
There shouldn't be any need to switch regions for the BBC Scotland channel. This is only necessary if you're watching a live programme on BBC 1 or 2 that's being broadcast in a different region.
hence the the reason why i said "to watch it now":D

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
hence the the reason why i said "to watch it now":D
The BBC Scotland channel is an entirely separate channel. It's not a regional opt-out, therefore no need to change regions on iPlayer.
If you were in England and wanted to watch Reporting Scotland live on iPlayer, you wouldn't be able to do so if you had the iPlayer set to your own locality. In that instance you would need to switch regions. Likewise if there's something on Inside Out that I wish to see as it's being aired, I need to switch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.