Glasgow Central Station - BBC Documentary

Discussion in 'Memorabilia, Media & Publications' started by DuncanS, 25 May 2018.

1. big all

big all On Moderation

ok thanks didnt realize that :D
    any way found some pictures off glasgow central low low leveel station i didnt know existed
    https://urbanglasgow.co.uk/abandoned-central-low-level-in-1967-t3419.html

2. 380101

380101 Member

you need to watch the 2nd episode. Plenty of historical info about the area.

3. anamyd

anamyd On Moderation

who's watched Episode 3...? :)

4. GrimShady

GrimShady On Moderation

Still very week on the historical front.

Still plenty of useless footage surrounding concerts and weekend shenanigans. It adds nothing and detracts massively. The British public are generally a disgrace at the weekend.

5. 380101

380101 Member

I'd argue it does plenty as it shows the public exactly the sort of idiots us railway staff have to contend with on a daily basis! I agree, a large majority of the travelling public at the weekend are a disgrace!

It's not a tv series aimed at railway enthusiasts - they generally never are as the viewing figures would be pretty poor and at the end of the day all the production company want to make is a show that they can sell to mainstream tv channels, in this case an ITV production commisioned by BBC Scotland.

6. GrimShady

GrimShady On Moderation

Unfortunately those that watch this may not see it the same way as you guys do. There generally isn't any sense of shame these days.

I'm aware it's not aimed at enthusiast, but honestly who really wants to watch hours of boring platform footage.

There is a good bit of interesting footage that shows up but not expanded upon unfortunately.

Last edited: 18 Mar 2019
  7. anamyd

anamyd On Moderation

Who's watched Episode 4 then...? :D

8. big all

big all On Moderation

i am really really enjoying this program but wished people weren't given notice off when they would be filmed so they would be more normally turned out without fully manicured appearance perfect hair and uniforms even having full kit :D

9. GaryMcEwan

GaryMcEwan Established Member

That's a swear word (ITV). It was done by STV Productions for BBC Scotland.

10. ScottDarg

ScottDarg Member

Signs have been up around the station for the last few months advising of ongoing filming for a second series - most recently for a "Christmas Special". The main series should be 6 episodes in length just like the first.

No air date for the full second series itself yet, but the 'Christmas Special' is due on the 22nd of December at 21:00 according to the BBC website: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00032nt/broadcasts/upcoming

11. anamyd

anamyd On Moderation

thanks for the info :)

12. big all

big all On Moderation

thanks for the update scottdarg much appreciated

13. route101

route101 Established Member

See them filming now and then in Central , on DSLRs it seems.

14. GaryMcEwan

GaryMcEwan Established Member

They clocked me going down the second set of escalators heading towards Low Level and it was normal TV cameras they were using.

15. route101

route101 Established Member

Must of been something special about you .

I might be in it , i walked behind a group of Scotland fans that were being filmed.

16. PaxVobiscum

PaxVobiscum Established Member

There’s normally a limit on the percentage of programme content which can be acquired on DSLRs, GoPros and the like, with the majority needing to be done on real ;) cameras.

Not everyone is as keen on the misuse of excessively narrow depth of field, crash zooms and missed focus as some of the camera operators in cooking programmes seem to be :rolleyes:.

We should thank the programme commissioners for saving us from even worse excesses :lol:.

17. Albaman

Albaman Member

Watched the programme last night and it was pretty uninspiring and , to the best of my knowledge, the Postal Train always used platform 11 , not 10.

18. Mag_seven

Mag_seven Established Member

I spotted that error as well.