Glasgow Central Station - BBC Documentary

Discussion in 'Memorabilia, Media & Publications' started by DuncanS, 25 May 2018.

1. big all

big all Member

ok thanks didnt realize that :D
    any way found some pictures off glasgow central low low leveel station i didnt know existed
    https://urbanglasgow.co.uk/abandoned-central-low-level-in-1967-t3419.html

2. 380101

380101 Member

you need to watch the 2nd episode. Plenty of historical info about the area.

3. anamyd

anamyd Member

who's watched Episode 3...? :)

4. GrimShady

GrimShady Member

Still very week on the historical front.

Still plenty of useless footage surrounding concerts and weekend shenanigans. It adds nothing and detracts massively. The British public are generally a disgrace at the weekend.

5. 380101

380101 Member

I'd argue it does plenty as it shows the public exactly the sort of idiots us railway staff have to contend with on a daily basis! I agree, a large majority of the travelling public at the weekend are a disgrace!

It's not a tv series aimed at railway enthusiasts - they generally never are as the viewing figures would be pretty poor and at the end of the day all the production company want to make is a show that they can sell to mainstream tv channels, in this case an ITV production commisioned by BBC Scotland.

6. GrimShady

GrimShady Member

Unfortunately those that watch this may not see it the same way as you guys do. There generally isn't any sense of shame these days.

I'm aware it's not aimed at enthusiast, but honestly who really wants to watch hours of boring platform footage.

There is a good bit of interesting footage that shows up but not expanded upon unfortunately.

Last edited: 18 Mar 2019 at 23:05