• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Glasgow-Edinburgh trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi what units work the Edinburgh-Glasgow trains now not bee there for a few years but going up from York 12 march do any scotrail H.S.T,s work any trains thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
Scotrail:
Queen Street High Level – Edinburgh (via Falkirk) are now officially all 385s.
Queen Street Low Level – Edinburgh (via Bathgate) are 334s.
Central High Level – Edinburgh (via Shotts) are now mainly 385s but you may find a few DMUs.

The ScotRail HSTs are used for Aberdeen and Inverness services.

From Central there are also XC services via Edinburgh and 1 daily East Coast (or whatever it’s called this week) I am not up to date with what is being used on these but there may be at least one XC HST still used.

Kite159

Veteran Member
And also a rough 2 hourly Glasgow Central - Edinburgh via Carstairs which uses a mix of 380s & 385s

The LNER service is a 9 coach 801 I believe

gnolife

Established Member
And also a rough 2 hourly Glasgow Central - Edinburgh via Carstairs which uses a mix of 380s & 385s

The LNER service is a 9 coach 801 I believe
Any services that run through to Ayr must be 380s - Ayr drivers don't sign 385 AFAIK

Established Member
All XC Edinburgh - Glasgow services are Voyagers. Except the last one at 2114 which is an HST in that direction only.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
All XC Edinburgh - Glasgow services are Voyagers. Except the last one at 2114 which is an HST in that direction only.

I've seen an HST work one of the Saturday morning services on a few occasions, but presumably that's not a regular thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.