• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Glasgow - Keighley

Status
Not open for further replies.

motherwell334

Hi Guys,I plan to go down to the KWVR sometime during the summer but on checking the advantix it is giving me two options

Glasgow - Keighly via applby £12.80 with priv discount
Glasgow - Keighly via carlisle £32.80 with priv discount

Now as im still trying to get used to the routing guide does via appleby mean than i must go via leeds and avoid carlisle altogether..

Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Via Appleby will mean changing at Carlisle for a train on the S+C to Keighley.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Both are valid via Carlisle.

The via Carlisle is also valid via Preston (whilst still being valid via Appleby).

There's also a via Leeds which is valid via Preston and Leeds or Newcatle and Leeds.

sonic2009

Established Member
Quick Question : You have priv discount from Glasgow? Do you work for First Scotrail?

motherwell334

Quick Question : You have priv discount from Glasgow? Do you work for First Scotrail?

Yes I work for Scotrail as a TE but as I said I'm still trying to get used to the routing guide.. I havnt yet got the tickets but was going to see if I could talk nice to the TM and see if he would allow free travel... But as you know there are some Jobsworths so I wouldn't just hop on and show my passes!

sonic2009

Established Member
You could save money by taking the Glasgow to Carlisle Service that goes via Dumfries?

then all you would require would be a Carlisle to Keighly Single, or you could use First TPE?

motherwell334

You could save money by taking the Glasgow to Carlisle Service that goes via Dumfries?

then all you would require would be a Carlisle to Keighly Single, or you could use First TPE?

Have you ever been on a train that goes down via Dumfries???? it take ages

Status
Not open for further replies.