• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Glasgow Low Level Flood Prevention?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clansman

Established Member
After this morning's atrocious weather, a couple of people have told me that Glasgow Queen Street Low Level has flooded. Any confirmation or photos on this?

EDIT: Just found out that there's water spilling onto the tracks. I take it there must be a flood prevention scheme in place after the River Kelvin flood 20 years ago?

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matchmaker

Established Member
After this morning's atrocious weather, a couple of people have told me that Glasgow Queen Street Low Level has flooded. Any confirmation or photos on this?

EDIT: Just found out that there's water spilling onto the tracks. I take it there must be a flood prevention scheme in place after the River Kelvin flood 20 years ago?

Wrong Low Level - it was Central Low Level that got flooded by the Kelvin.

Edited to add - I discovered this fantastic link to pictures of the Central Low Level line prior to reopening

http://urbanglasgow.co.uk/archive/abandoned-central-low-level-in-1967__o_t__t_3419.html

Last edited:

gsnedders

Established Member

As already mentioned, wrong station.

There's been a small amount done in way of flood prevention. I'll grab some photos of the tunnel mouth by the river when I grab lunch in a bit.

gsnedders

Established Member
Wait, its 31 degrees again here...... flooding? Goodness me.

There's been heavy rain on and off here all morning. I presume that's the cause, if true.

As for the tunnel down from Kelvinbridge, where the Argyle Line flooded from before:

IMG_20160720_141127.jpg

IMG_20160720_141207.jpg

You can see the ridge built up in front of the tunnel mouth to the left—all the water on the footpath is just from rain this morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.