GN Train additional call cancelled (08/04)

Discussion in 'Allocations, Diagrams & Timetables' started by rdwarr, 8 Apr 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdwarr

rdwarr Member

Today at Stevenage the information boards were saying that the 08.14 to King's Cross was cancelled. I can't remember there ever being an 08.14 and, looking at NRE's "print your own" timetable it was planned only to run today anyway.
    So why have a train that only runs once and gets cancelled anyway? Is it just to test the schedule?

2. yorkie

yorkie Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The 0651 Kings Lynn - Kings Cross ran as usual, but it's unclear why an additional Stevenage call was shown today but then cancelled. Perhaps it was a mistake?

3. causton

causton Established Member

Not an additional train, it was going to be an additional stop on a Kings Lynn - London Kings Cross train. However I saw some people tweeting that the train was full and standing at the start of the journey, so guessing they took the stop back out!

4. philjo

philjo Established Member

The 07:42 Royston-Kings Cross service was cancelled (lack of train crew) - this calls at Stevenage at 08:07 so perhaps the Kings Lynn train had an additional stop inserted for Stevenage until they realised the train was already full?

I think the cancelled train does form a a connection to stations to Stevenage at Royston out of the previous services from Kings Lynn (though the 317 stopper from Cambridge is not far behind it).

5. jopsuk

jopsuk Veteran Member

The train will have been unexpectedly extra busy from Cambridge due to cancellations on the Liverpool Street line due to a person hit by a train near Stansted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.