• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GNER evening cutbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
From this December the 23:30 Kings Cross - Leeds will cease to run and the 22:00 Kings Cross - Newcastle will become the 22:30 and diverted to and terminate at Leeds. The 04:35 Newcastle - Kings Cross will start from York at 06:00.

These changes are supposed to have been imposed by SRA/DfT and Network Rail as to allow more time for overnight possessions.
If the new 22:30 is booked to go via Welwyn, not Hertford, then it would be the same times as the current 22:00 at Peterborough, Grantham, Newark, and Doncaster. It's not yet clear if there will be a connection* from Leeds to York. If not, my last train back will be 21:00!

* By that I mean a proper connection, I can't be doing with post-midnight hour long waits at Leeds!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bunnahabhain

Established Member
I must admit I know the feeling, MML have pretty much done the same, the 23:40 London St. Pancras - Derby via Nottingham now departs at 23:15, although I dont see why it would bother anybody as I expect it'll still get the same custom.

Same times on Saturday though, 22:10 London St. Pancras - Derby via Nottingham, although due to MML being buggers, they dont stop that one at Loughborough (never has) although it does now continue in passenger service to Derby, used to Terminate at Leicester, even calls at Long Eaton, which means the 21:35 is my last train home, HST though so I dont mind too much.

It's happening to all TOC's I think, trains starting later and ending earlier, course this new so called 'Better' MML timetable is atrocious, they really should re-introduce the old style timetable, but make the Meridians that little bit faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.