• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Go Compare coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Condor7

I like the look of the coach on the new Go Compare advert and wondered if anyone can tell me what it is please?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ECML180

Overall my guess would be either a Mercedes or possibly a Setra, couldn't give a model number though! I suspect it's been heavily attacked with plastercine or something as it doesn't look like any coach I've seen before!

Temple Meads

Established Member
Anyone got a link to this advert or a screenshot? I don't generally take any notice of Go Compare ad's :lol:

ECML180

The back end was what I based my guess on, which looks quite Mercedes-ish to me, but from the side I'd say Setra or Lahden! Doh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b49BeHBb1iE
MA57ERP is the numberplate it shows, which should give a fairly good indication, but I can't find anything with that numberplate online.

https://www.facebook.com/coachandbusweek/posts/653808967993903
Coach & Bus Week seems to think a Levante too!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Edit: Prequeil with Blakey in!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJE5BSzhqOk

pdq

Here are some screenshots from the ad. Is there any reason for the plate MA57ERP (Master P)? That front view looks heavily disguised - no wipers, tiny mirrors, and a split screen is rare these days.

attachment.php

Attachments

• GC.png
    GC.png
    697.5 KB · Views: 132

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
It shows a destination of "Llandofsaving Town Centre". Most Welsh settlement prefixed with "Llan" refer to the name of a saint, many of which are Celtic saints from the 5th century AD onwards, many of which are arcane.

I cannot trace a Saint Dovesaving, however hard I look.....:shock:

swifty

Established Member
I believe the advert was actually filmed in South Africa, near Cape Town. Certainly the roads don't look English and if you compare the coach in the screen shots above, with the coach below, you can see the similarities. It looks to be a Marcopolo Paradiso of some sort albeit heavily modified.

8076029395_8536fbfcdd_n.jpg

bus.jpg

Last edited:

ECML180

It does pose the question...'why'?!

I would have thought something like a Levante would do, run it around the UK for the filming and then paint up a few NX ones in a similar promotional livery!

Titfield

Established Member
I believe quite a few so called "UK" adverts are filmed in South Africa due to cost and climate.

Swanny200

Looks a bodgejob between a jonckheere mistral at the front and a neoplan at the back

fowler9

Established Member
Looked a bit like a Marco Polo to me personally. Just that sweeping curve on the windows at the front and the way the back window on the side slopes up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.