• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Go Cornwall Bus

awsnews

Now there's a can of worms! Anyone got any ideas as to what constitutes TfL red? You'll be marked down if you just quote Pantone 485 C and Royal Mail. :)
TfL are quite generous with this type of information, according to the Colour Standard on the website red is:
Corporate Red
Pantone, PMS 485
CMYK, C0 M95 Y100 K0
RGB, R220 G36 B31
Nattional Colour System, NCS S 1085-Y80R (this would be the code used for paint)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Can confirm that GCB use Morrison's petrol station near Long Rock, Penzance to refuel buses. On Saturday afternoon 2022 was waiting for a car to leave a particular pump (no. 12) before they refuelled there, the driver bringing a ream of paperwork with him out of the cab.

DaveHarries

Established Member
Can confirm that GCB use Morrison's petrol station near Long Rock, Penzance to refuel buses. On Saturday afternoon 2022 was waiting for a car to leave a particular pump (no. 12) before they refuelled there, the driver bringing a ream of paperwork with him out of the cab.
Can't help wondering, OOI, what the cost would be of giving a bus such as 2022 a full tank of gas. How much fuel do these buses hold?

Dave

richw

Veteran Member
Can't help wondering, OOI, what the cost would be of giving a bus such as 2022 a full tank of gas. How much fuel do these buses hold?

Dave

Full tank on a trident was around 250litres. Average consumption for a decker is 2 miles a litre,

MotCO

Established Member
Full tank on a trident was around 250litres. Average consumption for a decker is 2 miles a litre,

At £1.20 per litre (say), that is £300 a go! Hope their credit card limit is high!

Busaholic

Veteran Member
It won't be £1.20/litre - that's retail price and even that seems a bit high. £1/litre is more like what they'd be paying, given a few ups and downs (e.g. wholesale price vs. hedging vs. fuel bunkering scheme charges)
Actually, even retail is only 104.7 down here at present - having three supermarkets each with its own filling stations within a mile does have that benefit! Re the previous remark re credit cards, I suspect the paperwork, with necessary signatures, covered the cost.

richw

Veteran Member
When I was using fuel cards we got it at around 10% off pump price for a small 3 vehicle fleet. I would imagine citybus have bigger bargaining powers
They will also be claiming the VAT back at some point so probably 70p a litre at present prices

laira 2

Bus times says today is it's 4th day out

Not sure how many of the Kernow ones are ready for service, only a handful I believe
There appears to be some confusion here as 16 E20D's were coming from First and as 2016 is WA20DVB that left the ex First buses to be 2000-2015 which is what Jason advised some time ago. This would make 2002 ex44957.

2011 is WK18BUP and with WK18BUU were visable in the compound at Milehouse this afternoon. 2011 confirms that the batch should be 2000-2015.

Also visable at Milehouse still in green were WK18BUU/BVJ/BUE/BUH/BVL/BVA/BVH/BUJ/BUV. 44963 & 44964 still carry their First numbers.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
When I was using fuel cards we got it at around 10% off pump price for a small 3 vehicle fleet. I would imagine citybus have bigger bargaining powers
They will also be claiming the VAT back at some point so probably 70p a litre at present prices

Won't be that low sadly. Fuel duty is 58ppl. If you've not hedged anything and are buying wholesale, it'll be below a pound but not by so much.

MB162435

Established Member
There appears to be some confusion here as 16 E20D's were coming from First and as 2016 is WA20DVB that left the ex First buses to be 2000-2015 which is what Jason advised some time ago. This would make 2002 ex44957.

2011 is WK18BUP and with WK18BUU were visable in the compound at Milehouse this afternoon. 2011 confirms that the batch should be 2000-2015.

Also visable at Milehouse still in green were WK18BUU/BVJ/BUE/BUH/BVL/BVA/BVH/BUJ/BUV. 44963 & 44964 still carry their First numbers.
A TfC 'behind the scenes' Facebook page would be handy, especially these days to keep on top of developments, certainly made knowing what's coming and going at Kernow far easier than before, when you had to rely on staff being informed, which isn't always accurate

83G/84D

Established Member
Callywith College liveried Enviro 400 fleet number 515 was in Camborne today on training duty, Enviro 400 505 on service 45.

Last edited:

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Callywith College liveried Enviro 400 fleet number 515 was in Camborne today on training duty, Enviro 400 505 on service 45.
I followed 515 down the Long Rock By-Pass into Penzance about 1.50 p.m. It went into the bus station. Is this the first GCB d/d at that location? Would have loved to take a photo, particularly with a GCB bus on route 515, but needs dictated I couldn't spare the time.

83G/84D

Established Member
I followed 515 down the Long Rock By-Pass into Penzance about 1.50 p.m. It went into the bus station. Is this the first GCB d/d at that location? Would have loved to take a photo, particularly with a GCB bus on route 515, but needs dictated I couldn't spare the time.

I think it's a first for a GCB Enviro 400 on a service in the Camborne area, as for first ever for Penzance I am not sure as some have been knocking around for a week or two at various locations. One was at Helston a week or so back.

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Anyone know what happened in Long Rock near the Mexico Inn approx 1.45 p.m. today? An A17 at the stop outside the closed Long Rock Stores/P.O. with hazard lights on, and traffic built up behind, but also ahead of it, some of which began u-turning, then moved out still with hazards on, and started to reverse turn into the car showroom exit(?); in the meantime, a red d/d, which I assumed to be a Tinner before remembering such buses no longer existed :)came out from that turning to turn left:I only saw it briefly, and only a small part of the front, because, as I was at the mini-roundabout and still able to turn right and escape. Any ideas?

P.S. Meant to put this in the FK section, unless, of course, I'd witnessed a red Go Cornwall d/d without being aware of it!

richw

Veteran Member
First haven’t any red deckers in Cornwall at the moment so can rule it out being a FK vehicle

Goldfish62

Established Member
The timetables from this weekend are now on the TfC website.

I haven't had a detailed look but it looks like the full summer timetables as previously planned.

If FK don't increase their services to broadly summer levels there are going to be some glaring gaps. I guess we will find out very soon.

Goldfish62

Established Member
The timetables from this weekend are now on the TfC website.

I haven't had a detailed look but it looks like the full summer timetables as previously planned.

If FK don't increase their services to broadly summer levels there are going to be some glaring gaps. I guess we will find out very soon.
FK timetables now online.

Basically FK appear to be operating a winter service without any evening journeys from Monday, therefore there's a complete lack of coordination between the commercial and supported networks.

This means that while Paul and Pendeen have evening services, St Ives and Mousehole don't. Also, with no A3 or 7 the coast road between Pendeen and Gurnards Head has no service.

Of course, neither of the operators are to blame. PCB are doing what the council tells them to do, and FK are operating what they can reasonably afford to. I would have thought at least the council would have required the 7 to be up and running for as long as the A3 wasn't operating, for example. After all, they are supposed "coordinate" things.

carlberry

Established Member

Basically FK appear to be operating a winter service without any evening journeys from Monday, therefore there's a complete lack of coordination between the commercial and supported networks.

This means that while Paul and Pendeen have evening services, St Ives and Mousehole don't. Also, with no A3 or 7 the coast road between Pendeen and Gurnards Head has no service.

Of course, neither of the operators are to blame. PCB are doing what the council tells them to do, and FK are operating what they can reasonably afford to. I would have thought at least the council would have required the 7 to be up and running for as long as the A3 wasn't operating, for example. After all, they are supposed "coordinate" things.
I think the council are too busy trying to throw away the bus fare experiment money to worry about actually having buses to travel on!

richw

Veteran Member

The evening journeys on all routes were in the tender.
What I can say is after about 1730 I’ve carried zero passengers every day I have worked. Without fail! Nobody is out in the evenings yet.

The interesting observation is padstow, Fk running 2 hourly, TfC running hourly.

Goldfish62

Established Member
The evening journeys on all routes were in the tender.
What I can say is after about 1730 I’ve carried zero passengers every day I have worked. Without fail! Nobody is out in the evenings yet.

The interesting observation is padstow, Fk running 2 hourly, TfC running hourly.
CC will have had prices for operating evening services on eg the A17 and M6 because PCB originally registered them.

I just don't see the sense in the situation. Either there should be general evening services across Cornwall or not. We've got this weird inbetween situation now seemingly because CC are not actually doing their job of coordinating the supported network to complement the commercial network.

TitanMike

CC will have had prices for operating evening services on eg the A17 and M6 because PCB originally registered them.

I just don't see the sense in the situation. Either there should be general evening services across Cornwall or not. We've got this weird inbetween situation now seemingly because CC are not actually doing their job of coordinating the supported network to complement the commercial network.

I also see that the evening journies on the 87 are not being operated by TFC, these deviate via Holywell Bay, unless CC have asked not for these to run, or are not needed as the First 87 finishes around 1900.

Yarp1

I also see that the evening journies on the 87 are not being operated by TFC, these deviate via Holywell Bay, unless CC have asked not for these to run, or are not needed as the First 87 finishes around 1900.
Am led to believe that FK have all the 87s and will also be doing the lates. Not sure but originally last 87 from nqy was about 22.50 and truro to nqy was something like 23.05.

Goldfish62

Established Member
Am led to believe that FK have all the 87s and will also be doing the lates. Not sure but originally last 87 from nqy was about 22.50 and truro to nqy was something like 23.05.
I also note that FK are continuing to do the Sunday Pendeen leg of the A17 which was due to go to TfC.

Lizard1324

Anyone know what routes TFC will use double deckers on and how many do they have in cornwall at the moment