• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

GOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Met Driver

Established Member
86242 said:
Seth said:
It's the next rank above 'Executive Director'.

The word should not be miss-used in this way...

It's nothing more than a light-hearted representation of the number of posts made by that person. I don't think that's remotely disrespectful, so please, lets not go down that route.

Waiting in some far corner of the country for a 37
Seth said:
86242 said:
Seth said:
It's the next rank above 'Executive Director'.

The word should not be miss-used in this way...

It's nothing more than a light-hearted representation of the number of posts made by that person. I don't think that's remotely disrespectful, so please, lets not go down that route.

True but it is still not a good idea and other people may find this more disrespectful from myself.

Nitro

Maybe we could change it to "Please stop me from posting" , "Too many posts" or even "I thrive on posting" as they do in the Miniclip forums...

TAS

Nitro said:
Maybe we could change it to "Please stop me from posting" , "Too many posts" or even "I thrive on posting" as they do in the Miniclip forums...
No if it changes I want it to be station cat, cos its rail related.

Nitro

TAS said:
Nitro said:
No if it changes I want it to be station cat, cos its rail related.

Fine maybe we can have TOC/FOC owner so something like "FGW owner" or "EWS owner" as it ties in nicely with "Executive Director"

devon_metro

Established Member
Chaz said:
I don't really want to bow down and pray to you Jim ;)
He's a terrible God. He has no idea whether VXC HSTs are coming back, even if i sacrifice him loads of Voyagers :lol:

Jim

Established Member
Chaz said:

Shut your mouth Chaz ;) :lol:

IMO, this is a rather silly debate, you look at Simming's MSN name, nobody from the forum went up & gave him a Boll**ing....

I understand, it may be offensive, but, does that mean the whole word God is NEVER to be used.

(I spose what you really mean is, it is offensive to people to make me a God...)

devon_metro

Established Member
IMO It's not offensive, most religions worship a god! Isn't there freedom of speech anymore or did that stop in 2000?

Waiting in some far corner of the country for a 37
Jim said:
Chaz said:

Shut your mouth Chaz ;) :lol:

IMO, this is a rather silly debate, you look at Simming's MSN name, nobody from the forum went up & gave him a Boll**ing....

I understand, it may be offensive, but, does that mean the whole word God is NEVER to be used.
[/size]

A MSN name is a bit different to a group of people on the forums and I do disagree with anyone who's MSN name is 'God' and the word 'God' should not be used out of place but again using it in a swearing way is something somebody says not a name which the people that run a railway forum should call people that have made more than 1,550 posts...

I don't want to get into this any further as I do not reguard myself as a highly 'religious' person but I do not feel that this is right...

Jim

Established Member
Look, if you have a problem, then PM TC & he will explain the situation &/or take action....

Jim

Established Member
It has been changed now, just to please anyone that was concerned

Jim

Nitro

I agree with you 86242 as you can't call God someone who is mortal and also God has nothing to do with railway rungs..

EDIT: Good to see my idea was used ;) :P

Met Driver

Established Member
I trust that little issue has been resolved, so there's no need to continue having a religious debate.

reply-locked.gif

T

Tom

Nitro - wasn't your idea totally.. There are higher ranks.

Relocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.