• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Godley to Old Trafford commute

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirstyy

Hi

I am looking for some help. I am due to start a job in Old Trafford but cannot find any information or prices on combination tickets online.

My route will be Godley Rail Station to Manchester Piccadilly Tram Station to Old Trafford Tram Station. It would also be useful if I could add busses to my ticket and I am looking for season ticket prices.

If anyone could give me some ticket options and prices or tell me where or how I can get this information I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stephen rp

Not TfM or Metrolink's most informative website.... Metrolink says you can get a ticket at any tram stop to Godley but not how you'd get one the other way.

Apparently there’s a weekly for about £29.50 Godley to Old Trafford or (2015 prices) £7.50 peak return. I suggest you have a ride out to Newton and walk back and ask the Conductor on the train!

At the moment, engineering means there are no trams Piccadilly to Deansgate so you'd need to get train to Piccadilly then to Deansgate and then on tram.

Depends where you are in Old Trafford, but it's only 2km walk from Deansgate to OT station. You'd be halfway there by the time you'd climbed up to the Metrolink tram stop.

Last edited:

Romilly

Established Member
You can buy rail-only season tickets for Godley to Manchester Central Zone. These start at £25.20 for a weekly ticket or £96.80 for a month.

That will get you to Piccadilly, and then on by train to Oxford Road and Deansgate.

I mention that because until late August there will be no trams between Piccadilly and Deansgate, so you will need to get to Deansgate to catch a tram to Old Trafford.

A season ticket from Godley to Old Trafford tram stop can be bought from a rail station. Prices start from £29.20 for a week. It will, I think, be a ticket from Godley to Metrolink Zone E.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Unfortunately, TfGM don't offer a season ticket that includes Buses, Trains and Trams.

As such, the two basic options would be:
  • Get a "County Card" for buses and trains throughout the TfGM area, which is £35.60 a week, £111 a month or £1111 a year. This also covers Metrolink in the "City Zone" (Victoria/New Islington - Deansgate-Castlefield). You'd then need a Metrolink season to cover Deansgate-Castlefield to Old Trafford. This would be £16 a week, £52 for 4 weeks, or £580 for a year.
  • Get a combined train and Metrolink season from Godley to "Metrolink Zone E". This is £29.20 a week, £112.20 a month or £1168 for a year. If you want to add buses, you can get a "Buscard Extra" for £8 a week, £31.80 a month or £370 a year.

kirstyy

Alright thanks for the replies guys this is more informative than anything I fund online and the bus card extra also sounds good

Established Member
Purchase at Picc station. as Cyrus said correctly produced ticket must state GODLEY TO METROLINK ZONE E. A buscard extra might be allowed to be purchased with this from a bus station travelshop, check if it's allowed once you've bought the Godley ticket.

Ticket has to be to zone E to issue it correctly.

Last edited:

Rail Ranger

A season ticket from Godley to Metrolink Zone E would be valid on the Metrolink replacement buses between Piccadilly station and Cornbrook or Trafford Bar, where you would change for the Altrincham line to Old Trafford. The replacement buses go from Fairfield Street.

Established Member
Whilst buses are on until Aug Bank Holiday.....
Sensibly quickest journey -
Godley -- Man Picc
Plat 14
Piccadilly -- Deansgate >
Cross the bridge
Deansgate Tram Stop -- Old Trafford

Status
Not open for further replies.