• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Going one day, returning the next

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattRobinson

Hi,

I am a regular volunteer at the KWVR, and often go by public transport. I am planning on starting to stay in their accomodation block so that I can do some turns that I otherwise would struggle to do (catching early train JUST gets me there on time = problems if delayed!).

Just wondering the best way to buy tickets from Sandal & Agbrigg station to Keighley station, setting off one day and returning either the next day or the day after? 2x singles? Or is there some cheaper way of buying a return spread accross 2/3 days? (Does one even exist?).

Cheers,
Matt

Edit to add: (1) I have a 16-25 railcard; and, (2) I would be travelling in the afternoon/ evening SNA - KEI and either next evening KEI - SNA or mid morning the day after.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Unfortunately the only fares available are Day returns.

A single is £4.80 (£3.15 if you hold a 16-25 Railcard*)

(* Discount not available September-June inclusive on weekdays before 1000)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
No problem :)

Sometimes buying "over distance" and starting/finishing short can reduce the price, but that doesn't work in this case.

Established Member
Services that Northern operate generally only have day returns for short journeys, although there are exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.