• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gold card £10 additional railcard - expiry date

Status
Not open for further replies.

ess

When purchasing the £10 railcard with a Gold Card does the expiry date of the railcard match the expiry date of the Gold Card or does it last a year from date of purchase?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
It’s the year from date of purchase so nothing stopping you from purchasing a Railcard on the Gold Card’s last day of validity.

Leisurefirst

It’s the year from date of purchase so nothing stopping you from purchasing a Railcard on the Gold Card’s last day of validity.
Unless you get someone making their own rules up.
Twice when trying to buy Network Card for £1 when that the perk I was refused close to the expiry.
Once at Paddington (surprise) I was told would only issue it to Gold Card expiry (a day or so away) and once at Shepherd's Bush refused as "it's not right".
Got them elsewhere with no problem, thank you very much.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Unless you get someone making their own rules up.
Twice when trying to buy Network Card for £1 when that the perk I was refused close to the expiry.
Once at Paddington (surprise) I was told would only issue it to Gold Card expiry (a day or so away) and once at Shepherd's Bush refused as "it's not right".
Got them elsewhere with no problem, thank you very much.

You can’t account for staff who decide to make up their own rules. This is the railway after all...

Status
Not open for further replies.