Gold card evening restrictions?

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by island, 21 Nov 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. island

island Established Member

In http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/season_tickets/GC_TandC_May11_update.pdf, I notice section 4.5 (d) and (e) making reference to Gold Card discounted tickets not being valid on some Monday to Friday services from [stn]KGX[/stn], [stn]LST[/stn], [stn]PAD[/stn], and [stn]STP[/stn], and on some northbound First Capital Connect services.

When did that sneak in? And how are we supposed to know which services?

Also, from 02-JNR-12, the CHNGC flat fare will double to £2.

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Urban Gateline

Urban Gateline Established Member

Doesn't this refer to the Super Off-Peak tickets to and from these London terminals? As obviously some of those tickets are restricted during the evening peak. That's how I read it, could be wrong though! :p

Admittedly the terms should be much better publicised, I bet most rail users won't have come accross them before!

4. LexyBoy

LexyBoy Established Member Fares Advisor

How strange. As molesey boy suggests, it could be referring to Off Peak tickets (Super Off Peak tickets aren't available within the Network area on FGW or FCC to my knowledge, not sure about NXEA) - but then what relevance is that, as Anytime tickets can be discounted too. Perhaps someone got a bit confused when writing it - certainly tickets discounted by virtue of being Off Peak are not valid on certain services, but being discounted by a Railcard discount shouldn't affect this.

A quick check on evening journeys PAD>RDG, PAD>EAL, KGX>SVG and STP>SAC on NRE gives the Gold Card discount on all services.

I'm sure the Train Operating Companies will make it clear at stations and in their publicity ;)

5. philjo

philjo Established Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.