• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gold card onto Oyster

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacenotes

I'd like to put my gold card onto my oyster, I don't travel much off peak so does it work on peak times?

Also, who can put the gold card onto my oyster since they closed all the ticket offices?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

njr001

Railcard discounts can added to an Oystercard on the POM's (Ticket issuing machines) in booking halls by gateline staff, although they may need a bit of gentle persuasion. Unfortunately it only gives a discount on Off peak travel.

87 027

When I had a Gold Card I found for some journeys off my normal line of route that it was cheaper to buy a paper ticket than use Oyster. As njr001 says above, Oyster does not apply railcard discounts to National Rail services during the evening peak even where these can be applied to a paper ticket.

philjo

Established Member
The GTR ticket office at St Pancras nearest to the Thameslink gateline registered my gold card onto my Oyster a couple of months ago. Finsbury Park ticket office has also done it in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.