• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gold card refused replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Having 2 wallets to keep track of doubles the chance of losing one of them.

There's 0% chance of me losing my ticket wallet on account of having to take it out to show/go through a gate and back in my pocket.

So I'd be happy to triple the risk or even quadruple it! :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Missburty

Being - it appears the only female on this thread I would like to say that women's clothes and suits, in general are not blessed with the same amount of pockets as men's :).

jon0844

Veteran Member
True, and I've never quite understood why that is the case, but most women carry a handbag or at the very least a clutch bag.

The man bag has quite some catching up to do!

Missburty

True, and I've never quite understood why that is the case, but most women carry a handbag or at the very least a clutch bag.

The man bag has quite some catching up to do!

Second lost ticket was the result of retrieving something else from my handbag (i think). It's all too easy to pull something else out of the depths of your handbag and drop it. I've seen this a million times and often had to run after someone as something has dropped from a handbag when going to retrieve your purse or what have you. Unfortunately for me this was my season ticket and the cause of this very lively debate.

exile

Established Member
Second lost ticket was the result of retrieving something else from my handbag (i think). It's all too easy to pull something else out of the depths of your handbag and drop it. I've seen this a million times and often had to run after someone as something has dropped from a handbag when going to retrieve your purse or what have you. Unfortunately for me this was my season ticket and the cause of this very lively debate.

A favourite one of mine is for something to fall out of a trouser pocket when sat on a train - often the cut of the pocket makes it almost inevitable. Or leaving it on a table, also on a train. Handbags might be an answer but are themselves frequently lost or stolen.

neilmc

All this comes of having a job in London but choosing to live outside - yes I know you really don't have much choice, but it's sickening to see the blatant rip-off of commuters by TOCs and the amount of time and money wasted in awful travel. At the same time London itself has the cheapest and best bus network in the country (if you use an Oystercard) with decent evening frequencies.

I'm fortunate living in Manchester, I have a Stagecoach Megarider costing £11.50 per week, can use it anywhere in the south part of Manchester and lend it to my wife if she needs to go into town as it's sold by the driver without a photo; if I lose it no big deal.
Not valid on trains of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.