• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Golders Green Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

i3lu

I saw today an 1972/1973 TS inside the GG Depot. Somebody know why?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Met Driver

Established Member
I saw today an 1972/1973 TS inside the GG Depot. Somebody know why?

It could only be the Track Recording Vehicle (description on this page). Since the introduction of TBTC signalling it can only cover the Northern line after close of traffic. Normally it would return to Northfields Depot before start of traffic the following day, so it is possible that this did not happen for some reason, and it has been outstabled at Golders until a return path can be arranged.

i3lu

It could only be the Track Recording Vehicle (description on this page). Since the introduction of TBTC signalling it can only cover the Northern line after close of traffic. Normally it would return to Northfields Depot before start of traffic the following day, so it is possible that this did not happen for some reason, and it has been outstabled at Golders until a return path can be arranged.
Yes. I had lucky today and my northbound train was stopped before GG station and I could saw the train inside. Friday I saw just first carriage due to an another 95 train near and that's why I tought that is a 72 or 73 train.

Nym

Established Member
Point of note, the TRV isn't formed of 1972TS, the AIT is, but that isn't yet functional.

The TRV is 1960TS DMs and a 1973TS Trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.