• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Go North West

Status
Not open for further replies.

mic

Ex Plymouth Citybuses 102 and 107 arrived at GNW now with just 100 and 104 to come

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

mic

ex firstbuses have started to be renumbered now

63155 renumbered 6010
69325 becomes 6101
69326 to 6102
69420 to 6104

from April service changes GNW will take over the 415 service from stagecoach

Rod Harrison

63155 renumbered 6010
69325 becomes 6101
69326 to 6102
69420 to 6104

from April service changes GNW will take over the 415 service from stagecoach
Where is the bus service changes from April documented? Cheers

KendalKing

Established Member

63155 renumbered 6010
69325 becomes 6101
69326 to 6102
69420 to 6104

Here is a list of vehicles, so far re-numbered:-
37367 now 3217
37368 now 3218
37369 now 3219
37370 now 3220
37374 now 3224
63155 now 6010
63156 now 6001
69325 now 6101
69326 now 6102
69327 now 6103
69328 now 9003 = Trainer
69420 now 6104

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Is there any logic behind the new fleet numbering scheme (such as how at Stagecoach 1xxxx signifies a double deck bus) or is just done randomly?

KendalKing

Established Member
Is there any logic behind the new fleet numbering scheme (such as how at Stagecoach 1xxxx signifies a double deck bus) or is just done randomly?
Upto now it appears to be
32xx ex First Volvo B9TL's
40xx Enviro 200's
60xx ex First StreetLite's
6101-> ex First Volvo B7RLE's
6151-> ex Plymouth Citybus Volvo B7RLE's
9xxx Ancillary fleet

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Upto now it appears to be
32xx ex First Volvo B9TL's
40xx Enviro 200's
60xx ex First StreetLite's
6101-> ex First Volvo B7RLE's
6151-> ex Plymouth Citybus Volvo B7RLE's
9xxx Ancillary fleet

Thanks. It appears then that the first digit in the number is following the same logic that First use. 3 for deckers, 4 for midis & 6 for singles etc.

Alexbus12

It's just a shame the Orbit livery never made it as the standard livery. The current GNW standard livery (or variation 3, I've lost count), is awful and dull.

83G/84D

Established Member
Another bridge bash this time in Eccles involving Volvo B9TL 37289. News report here and pictures via the link. Wishing the injured a speedy recovery.

BREAKING: Double decker bus crashes into bridge in Salford - latest updates

A double decker bus has crashed into a bridge in Salford.

The bus collided with a low bridge on Barton Lane in Eccles at around 5.30pm this evening (Friday, June 12).

Pictures taken at the scene show the roof of the bus bent completely bent backwards.

Glass also appears to have smashed from the windows on the top deck.

Photos also show emergency services, including officers from Greater Manchester Police and an ambulance, responding to the incident.

It is not known yet if there have been any injuries.

A cordon is believed to be in place on Barton Lane.

A spokesperson from Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service confirmed crews attended at the scene.

In a statement, a GMFRS spokesperson said: “At 5.27pm on Friday 12 June we were called to the scene of a road traffic collision involving a bus on Barton Road, Eccles.

"On arrival firefighters established a cordon around the scene and then handed the incident over to GMP.

"Firefighters were at the scene for approximately 30 minutes.”

Traffic alerts are reporting a closure of the road from Barton Road to Trafford Road.

In a tweet, Manc Traffic said the closure is causing congestion on Barton Road, Liverpool Road and Cawdor Street.

The MEN has contacted GMP for a comment.

We'll bring you the latest updates as we get them in the live blog below.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...UMKwtm2SwS-JPGV-ZNED6HeQyflfNwWF3X7Bid-A1g_14

Last edited:

M60lad

Looking at the damage I'm doubting whether this is fixable and even if it is fixable I'm not to sure how long it will take for it to be repaired.

I wonder whether Go-Ahead will replace it with anything in the short/long term.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Looking at the damage I'm doubting whether this is fixable and even if it is fixable I'm not to sure how long it will take for it to be repaired.

I wonder whether Go-Ahead will replace it with anything in the short/long term.

It is fixable, but given the age of the vehicle and the fact that it's a pain to get roof parts for older Wright deckers i doubt it'll be fixed.

M60lad

If anyone is interested its the same bridge that quite a while back First Manchester 3407 Volvo Olympian Alexander Royale hit and that ended up coming back with quite an interesting conversion to say the least, can't remember the full story but it ended up coming back to First Manchester with a top deck conversion by East-Lancs.

scosutsut

If anyone is interested its the same bridge that quite a while back First Manchester 3407 Volvo Olympian Alexander Royale hit and that ended up coming back with quite an interesting conversion to say the least, can't remember the full story but it ended up coming back to First Manchester with a top deck conversion by East-Lancs.
A quick Google confirms:

3407 (S660NUG) met with an unfortunate mishap which required a new upper deck. It appeared at EFE SHOWBUS International 2001 kitted out courtesy of East Lancs.

s660nug.JPG

Not my text/image, full credit on link: https://www.showbus.com/gallery/nwest/fmc.htm

mic

37369 now numbered 3219 and in the 135 route livery 63148/50/52 renumbered 6003/5/7

Alexbus12

Sounds like a storm is brewing.
https://unitetheunion.org/news-even...ers-face-losing-2-000-a-year-in-bullying-row/
Manchester bus drivers face losing £2,000-a-year in ‘bullying’ row
A bullying culture and using Covid-19 as a smokescreen are the hallmarks of an attempt by Go North West to reduce the wages of 500 Manchester bus drivers by an estimated £2,000-a-year.
Unite, Britain and Ireland’s largest union, said the offer by the Go North West bosses of a one-off £5,000 payment to alter employment terms and conditions was ‘an odious sleight of hand’ that would see its members out of pocket within three years.
Unite alleges that Go North West managing director, Nigel Featham has intimidated its reps by calling them in individually for ‘a dressing down’ to force through the changes. The union called on Mr Featham to negotiate constructively with the union and not conduct talks via the media.
Unite said that the working practices at the Queens Road depot, Manchester which the company wants to buy-out have since been replaced by additional cleaning and cash collection duties which mean the bus drivers are working just as hard.
Unite reps will be ‘meeting’ later this week to decide the next steps which could include a ballot for industrial action.
Unite regional officer Steve Davies said: “What we have in Manchester is an odious sleight of hand where a bullying management style and the excuse of Covid-19 are being used to deprive our members of about £2,000-a-year – despite the fact that they are working just as hard and putting in the same hours.
“The company’s managing director Nigel Featham is using heavy-handed tactics by calling in our reps individually for ‘a dressing down’ to force through the one-off payment of £5,000 – and then uses the local media as his preferred way to negotiate.
“The company has focused its demands for financial cutbacks on the bus drivers alone – and the top bosses and backroom staff are exempt, which smacks of discrimination.
“We recognise that the whole country and the transport sector are going through difficult times because of the pandemic, but Unite is not going to stand by as our members are forced to take a severe hit to their pay packets.
Attempts to intimidate the union will not work and will only strengthen our resolve to protect our members.
“We call on Mr Featham to negotiate in a meaningful fashion or face the very real prospect of an industrial action ballot.”

mic

most of the repainted B9s have been renumbered into the 3201 to 68 batch there will be no 3211 as this was to have been on 37289 64009 renumbered 4008 with 74000 to 3 becoming 6161 to 6164

Alexbus12

The drama intensifies
Manchester bus workers to hold consultative ballot on industrial action, as rep suspended for carrying out trade union duties
  • Thursday 13 August 2020
About 500 Manchester bus drivers will hold a consultative ballot on whether they want to take industrial action after a senior Unite rep at bus company Go North West Limited was suspended for carrying out legitimate trade union activities.
Unite, Britain and Ireland’s largest trade union, said that the ballot follows the suspension of the rep, who is also a Unite branch chair, as the union highlighted plans to reduce the wages of 500 Manchester bus drivers by an estimated £2,000-a-year.
The company has attempted to railroad changes to the terms and conditions of the bus drivers - while 80 per cent of the drivers, including all of the Unite reps except for the senior rep, were furloughed - via the offer of a one-off payment of £5,000.
Unite, however, says that within three years its members would be worse off, if the plan were allowed to go-ahead.
Unite said that the suspension was sanctioned by Go North West Limited managing director Nigel Featham. The union has called for the senior rep’s immediate reinstatement.
Unite regional officer Steve Davies said: “Preparations for the consultative ballot are underway following talks yesterday (Wednesday 12 August) with managing director Nigel Featham.
“It was pointed out to him that the allegation against the Unite senior rep was totally without merit and his suspension was an attempt to undermine Unite from representing the legitimate interests of its members.
“The suspension of our senior shop steward is a ham-fisted attempt at weakening and undermining the confidence of drivers by trashing industrial relations with Unite.
“We believe that Nigel Featham’s reckless ‘bull in a china shop’ actions are now the biggest threat to the business and its profitability.
“We will not allow our elected workplace representatives to be bullied and have their livelihood threatened, nor will we allow forced changes on the workforce.
“We have tried, as a matter of courtesy, to contact the Go Ahead Group nationally to ensure that its top executives fully understood the extent of the industrial vandalism being enacted by the local managing director in Manchester which should not be allowed to continue.
“There are formal complaints against managers already registered with the company of a serious nature; however, no suspensions have taken place and the process of investigating these complaints appears to have been blocked.
“The suspension of the senior rep coincides with the company’s deadline for accepting changes with the £5,000 buyout which ended yesterday.
“The costs of Go Ahead drivers are neither excessive nor cause problems for the business. It is expenditure from other areas of the business which have been loaded onto its bus driver operations that are the problem.”

Unite said that the working practices at the Queens Road depot which the company wants to buy-out have since been replaced by additional cleaning and cash collection duties which mean the bus drivers are working just as hard.
The consultative ballot will be held by the end of the month. Whether Unite proceeds to a full-scale industrial action ballot, including the option for strike action, depends on the outcome of the consultative vote.

Go North West have put out a statement on Twitter

Attachments

• 20200813_173251.png
    20200813_173251.png
    90.3 KB · Views: 75

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Could I remind everyone that if you are quoting text from an external source, it must be copied and pasted, or a transcription provided. Screenshots of text are inaccessible to those who rely on screen readers in order to access the forum.

mic

the B5s 39207 to 20 now starting to be renumbered as 3001 to 3014

think the E400s will be 3101 to 3109

KendalKing

Established Member
the B5s 39207 to 20 now starting to be renumbered as 3001 to 3014

think the E400s will be 3101 to 3109
Go North West, has already said that the E400's were to be numbered in 31xx series, but didn't say were the B5LH's were to be numbered.

Baxenden Bank

Established Member
The message sent to drivers from Unite today. View attachment 82191
Dear oh dear, poor little lamb!

He has not been furloughed! Would the members prefer all of their reps to be furloughed so that they have no-one to repesent them at all?

Emailed in the early hours! Oh no! emails arrive silently and can be ignored until non-early hours, as can texts and calls. You simply put your phone on 'do not disturb' overnight.

Pressured into attending meetings. What a disgrace, how dare management expect an official representative to attend meetings on behalf of those he is representing.

What a dire rant. That would get me out of that union within minutes.

Established Member

He has not been furloughed! Would the members prefer all of their reps to be furloughed so that they have no-one to repesent them at all?

Emailed in the early hours! Oh no! emails arrive silently and can be ignored until non-early hours, as can texts and calls. You simply put your phone on 'do not disturb' overnight.

Pressured into attending meetings. What a disgrace, how dare management expect an official representative to attend meetings on behalf of those he is representing.

I'm glad I'm a member of GMB, that's all I'll say.

Going back on topic, it's nice to see renumbering of the fleet is gathering pace.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th

I am similarly bemused by those. Isolated by being the only one not on furlough seems an odd accusation? And yes, I get emails during the late evening... I don't worry about them until the following morning and if it's asking me to be somewhere where I can't be for a meeting (e.g. can you attend a scoping meeting in Arbroath at noon?), I politely explain the situation.

Members need good unions to represent their members appropriately. I appreciate that both sides will adopt some posturing to get what they want. This does no one any good though.

As for the buy out of conditions.... I've no idea what Terms and Conditions those drivers are on and what the average take home is like, in comparison to the market rate? Are Go Ahead trying to get somewhere near the going rate so that they might be better placed if/when franchising comes to Manchester, less they be undercut by someone else? The union are making their play about the £5k bung being wiped out in 2.5 years by the £2k p.a. cut in pay (so their maths works out). The firm want to buy out the terms and conditions and they're not going to give money for nothing, and it will need a reasonable payback period. I'm sure the union know that and it's part of their positioning.

I have little time for Len McCluskey. He was an advocate of Militant (though never joined) and a good mate of Degsy Hatton, as well as supporting Ed Miliband over David to swing that Labour leadership race, and then being a staunch Corbyn supporter. You almost think he's some sort of Tory plant in an Alan Bleasdale drama :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.