Good photo spots in and near Edinburgh

Discussion in 'Photography Advice & Discussion' started by VioletEclipse, 18 Dec 2018.

1. VioletEclipse

VioletEclipse Member

Hi, while I have been taking train photos for a number of years now, I have always just taken a photo when I have the chance to, mostly in stations, and I have never gone to a spot specifically for a train photo, but I am now planning to do a photography project on trains, any good (as well as accessible and safe) photo spots in and near Edinburgh that people know of? thanks :)

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. ANDYS

ANDYS Member

Violet Eclipse

just seen your thread and if it is not too late I can add my ideas. I have been to Edinburgh a couple of times (generally at Christmas time) and found the station an excellent starting point. You can get to most of it although the recent works might have changed it a little. I also go to the glass sided bridge in Princes Street Garden. The wiring gets a little in the way but if you are OK with that then the action is pretty continuous. I also like the shot looking back to the station from in front of the Scottish National Gallery.

Have a look at the following albums of mine, they will give you an idea of what I have seen over the last few years:-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/66737297@N06/albums/72157661981248617

https://www.flickr.com/photos/66737297@N06/albums/72157662827517022

Andy S

4. VioletEclipse

VioletEclipse Member

Thank you Andy S, I will definitely give those locations a go, great photos btw! :)

5. ANDYS

ANDYS Member

Thanks Violet Eclipse and thanks for following me on Flickr. Hopefully there will be a few more trains on there when the weather turns a little warmer and I can come out of hibernation. Andy S

6. VioletEclipse

VioletEclipse Member

No problem :) I don't upload very often and only have one train post on Flickr, you definitely have more than me, that's for sure ;)