good photography locations at Heathrow

Discussion in 'Other Public Transport' started by 168lover, 8 Jun 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 168lover

168lover Member

Hi all,

This coming Saturday I am making use of some free heathrow express tickets and visting heathrow. I am wandering if anybody has any reccomendations of good places to take photos of planes in and around heathrow that are within easy reach of public transport? I'm currently thinking about visiting hatton tube station and café nero in heathrow t5 but I want to know if there are any others?

2. 306024

306024 Established Member

Depends a bit on which direction the planes are flying, but Wetherspoons in T2 has half decent views of the southern runway and taxiway.

Hatton Cross is good for landings from the east on the southern runway too, but not a lot of cover if it is raining.

Make use of the buses that connect the terminals to get a sense of the scale of Heathrow, they are free within the airport area, Google 'Heathrow free bus'

And to add a further question, does anyone have good recommendations for observing operations on the northern runway?

3. theageofthetra

theageofthetra Established Member

Make sure you have a few rides on the driverless pods to the T5 car park. One section runs right by the runway and if timed right get good shots of another pod next to a large aircraft. You also get groups of enthusiasts on the top deck of T5 arrival ramp on both sides.

4. 168lover

168lover Member

is there any website to use to find what runway is being used for what when?

5. Mag_seven

Mag_seven Established Member

Why doesn't Heathrow have a proper official viewing area/terrace anymore? There used to be one on top of the old Terminal 2 "Queens Building".

6. 306024

306024 Established Member

Flightradar24 is one site that will show you.

7. Hornet

Hornet Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.