• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Good pubs/Takeaways near Railway Stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve158

i think we should have a list of these,recommendations so when you're out on a trip.

Pubs:

Worcester FS - The postal order(wetherspoons), turn right and about 3 doors down. Banks's £1.30 a pint.

Wolverhampton - The Moon under Water(wetherspoons). come out the station and straight over the bridge past the theatre.

Nottingham - The Vat and fiddle and the Fellows, Moreton and Clayton(both just round the corner). both excellent pubs with decent cobs(sandwiches).

Takeaways:

Wolverhampton - King Kebab Fish Bar, Broad Street. come out the station, over the bridge, turn right past the prince albert pub down the hill then turn left into broad street. he does everything and does it well/cheap. popular also with Wolves Traincrews.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

the slapper

Heyho

Ive found some mighty fine places on my travels

Last Year, when going down cornwall, and south west, I found some great places.

Naturally, ALL! wetherspoons are great, cheap food and drink (its even got a good loco nickname in the title :D ) I know there is one in penzance, up that hilly main street. and there is one in newquay, just turn left out of the station.

Also in mutley, in plymouth, there is one too. and while on your way there, you pass one of the best chinease takeaways ive been to for a while.

Exeter Central's Buffets alright too, some alrightish food, for a greasy spoon.

Next time your in bradford interchange (dump i know) visit the takeaway on the end of the platforms, you get food poisoning, but its tastes alright. just a little reminder, they guy had problem talking english, it was a struggle, but we both started understanding each other in the end.

Glasgow Central, Bonaparts, on the station. you can site on the balcony and watch a fair amount of trains coming in and out of the platforms, while tucking into a good meal and a nice pint.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I could recommend places down the Hull line if anybody's planning on visiting ;)

There is a lovely pasty shop near Leeds station. Make a right, follow the road round to the left, then make another right and it's on the right hand side. Gorgeous pasties and great for a snack :D

Coxster

Established Member
On one forum meet we visited a chippie just outside Portsmouth Harbour station which wasn't too bad.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Brighton 31s meet in TTF days that one? Bloody good meet that was...

Glad to see this idea is a good one, when I eventually remember to do it, I'll get a site up and running for this purpose. Would this be a good idea?

laverack222 said:
I could recommend places down the Hull line if anybody's planning on visiting ;)

There is a lovely pasty shop near Leeds station. Make a right, follow the road round to the left, then make another right and it's on the right hand side. Gorgeous pasties and great for a snack :D
IIRC there is one right at the entrance of Leeds, its like on the left hand side wall?

me and my dad in August just took a trip to Gregs, keep to places we know :P

Jim

Established Member
Not forgetting Hereford's very own "Mr. Chips":p

Jonno2055

There is a nice pub in Hayle about 5 mins from the station called the Cornishman, quite cheap, good food.

ChrisM

I know Pontypridd is a dump but just outside the station on the right hand side is a nice pub that do a nice mixed grill.
When we went out to London in the early to mid 80s we used to visit a great chippie right outside embankment station.

Jonno2055

Maybe someone should compile the the list we make into aninteresting fact sheet or book.

Ben

Ya Could go on a Pub Crawl in Huddersfield Station!

Head of Steam - Access from The Tunnel End of Platform 1

Station Tavern - Access from The Leeds End of Platform 1

Head of Steam is The Nicer Pub. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.