• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Gospel Oak ECS

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSE

Established Member
Hello all, just arrived home on the last Willesden bound train off Gospel Oak and while I was there a 180 in, I think Hull Trains livery, at the very least First, came off the Barking Line and onto the North London line, and then a 12 car 319 came through towards Stratford. These were both around 11:30/35 anyone know where they were going and why? I assume the 319's to Hornsey but I can't quite think where they would have arrived onto the NLL from. Thanks :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fgwrich

Established Member
Sounds like, as you say, that the 319 Is going over to Hornsey Depot - at a rough guess, Cricklewood to Hornsey ecs...As for the 180 Heading over westbound towards the North London Line - That'll be heading for Old Oak Common then (At least they can go Bounds Green to OOC via North London!:lol:)

NSE

Established Member
Cheers mate, I just can't think where the 319 got on to the NLL that's all! :P

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Cheers mate, I just can't think where the 319 got on to the NLL that's all! :P

They usually come all the way round via the WLL I think, I remember seeing one stationary during the day around the Latchmere Jn area, awaiting its path. I suspect its because there are no suitable electrified links between the MML and the NLL.

Established Member
The 319s were 5E78 21:51 Cricklewood to Hornsey and do indeed go round via Thameslink, Brixton, WLL, King's Cross Incline.

The 180 was 5V98 22:32 King's Cross to Old Oak Common. I think both of these moves are regular runners but do not know how frequently they do run.

westcoaster

Established Member
5E77/78 run daily, there are also ad hoc moves from Bedford to hornsey, these can be 377's or 319's.

NSE

Established Member
Wow that's a long way round to hornsey! Thanks, also on the NLL went past a FGW HST heading toward Gospel Oak in the Willesden Direction as I headed the opposite way, about half 10. Sorry for all the questions, curiosity :)

westcoaster

Established Member
FGW hst has been on hire to east coast for a week there is a thread on here some where, problem a bounds green to old oak move.

Lrd

Established Member
According to the other thread, Class 43's aren't allowed to run that route.

Quote from the other thread, by swt_passenger:

Class 43s are not permitted on the NLL, according to the Anglia 'gauge capability' baseline declaration from April 2009. Mk3 coaching stock is OK though.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
According to the other thread, Class 43's aren't allowed to run that route.

There does seem to be some doubt about that, for instance people remember the north of London Eurostar 'feeder services' using HSTs, but of course a lot of work has been done in the area since then, such as all the NLL platform extensions?

Would be handy if someone working on the railway could check out the current sectional appendix, rather than that from 2 years ago...

455driver

Veteran Member
Would be handy if someone working on the railway could check out the current sectional appendix, rather than that from 2 years ago...

The sectional appendix is an absolute joke, there are crossovers on there that were removed over 4 years ago, some speeds are wrong etc etc, its no use as toilet paper either (too shiny), um or so I have been told! :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.