• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Got SKY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness

Established Member
Got Sky? Turn over to Discovery Wings (Odd Channel) for something on Record breaking Trains (from LMS and LNER to Virgin and GNER!).

(Can't remember the channel number sorry).

Tonight - 21:00 - 22:00

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'm not sure what channel that is, but I did have most Sky channels.... until last night's storm! :(

joy54.gen

It was a very good program. The rivalry between the LMS and LNER was shown, and the race between the Streamlined Steam Locos. First it was LNER with 112 mph using loco Silver Link designed by Sir Nigel Gresley. Then LMS fought back with a record of 114 mph using Coronation Scot designed by William Stanier. Then came Mallard with LNER with a record of 126 mph. Unfortuantly due to the war the LMS was never able to fight back, and after the war diesel and electric locos were taking over. This show show the rivalry not just between LNER and LMS, but Gresley and Stanier, and even Virgin and GNER nowadays.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
I'm sure I taped that of analogue tv at some point! If it is the same it was a good programme and well worth watching!

T

Tom

Did it have a class 66 in it, and the guy started the engine? If so, I had already seen it on channel 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.